We packed our bags and left on June 23rd for Adam's family reunion in sunny St. George ("sunny" being code for "scorching HOT").
The kids did a lot of swimming and loved being with all of their many cousins.
Adam has 5 party planning sisters, so when you see "Luau" on the schedule, you are really going to get a Luau!
We got to the park for dinner and it was set up with Hawaiian decorations and we ate Hawaiian haystacks while listening to Hawaiian music. Jenna helped pass out the lays to everyone. It was all very impressive for a non-party planner like me. I am in awe of people who actually enjoy planning parties. It has never been my thing.
After 2 days of swimming and playing around in the scorching heat, all without drinking enough water, Korinne got dehydrated.
Here we are with Grammie on one side and Grandma C. on the other. I left the Luau early with Korinne and spent the rest of the night trying to get fluids into her. She was one sick little girl, but felt much better by morning.
In my absence Adam was awarded the Grand Prize for the family health challenge that concluded a short time ago. For 6 weeks all participants earned points for exercise, not eating any sugar, drinking 80 oz of water a day, and a bunch of other things designed to promote health. Adam got the most points and walked away with $60.00! I think they are going to start another challenge sometime this week.
On our last morning we went to an indoor place with a lot of blow-up slides for the kids. They were in heaven and so was I because it was INDOORS.
Korinne has an older cousin whom she adores. Terrika is a good sport and lets Korinne be her little buddy during all family get-togethers.
I am not the best picture taker during reunions and other such events. I never seem to think about taking pictures and then I get home and realize that I don't have a lot of pictures to work with. I wish I would have taken a picture of Adam with all of his siblings and parents. They were all there (minus one brother who arrived after we had to leave) so it would have been a good picture.

1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from missed photo opportunity remorse. Even when I take loads of photos, I often think "I should have gotten one with . . ." I've decided that it is hard to have fun and take pictures at the same time.
Post a Comment