Monday, July 5, 2010

Family Reunion--Take Three

I have 2 sisters (one from Vermont and one from Texas) who didn't anticipate being in town for our Aspen Grove experience so they didn't sign up to go.  As chance would have it they ended up being in town while we were all gone at camp, so when camp ended a new family reunion began.  We all came back and had lunch at a park near my parent's house.  5 of the 6 siblings and their families were there, and all 4 girls were together.

Here we are with our Mom and sister-in-law Jen.

After the picnic and a fun kids T-shirt decorating activity we headed home.  Taylor and Jen came back, too, for their last night at our house as they will be heading back to China shortly.  My kids have gotten so used to having Big Will (their 9 mo. old cousin) at our house that they are really going to miss having him around.


In honor of the 2 newest additions to the family reunion the whole group came up to my house yesterday for a 4th of July BBQ, then Taylor and Jen left and Jeff and Libbie stayed. And so the fun continues. . . .but so does this little bug we all picked up at Aspen Grove!  Libbie and Jeff came to Aspen Grove for only one afternoon, but whatever we got we picked up while they were there because at the same moment we all got sick more than a day after their visit, they were back at my parents house dealing with the same thing.  On Saturday night their little girl, Sadie, was throwing up AGAIN and then Adam and I woke up feeling sick AGAIN, and my other sister is sick AGAIN, and yet another sister just reported that her kids have been sick AGAIN.  What is the deal with this super bug??  Isn't once enough?  I've washed my hands so much they are raw. I'm really ready for this portion of the family reunion to be over.

Saturday night we took Jeff and Libbie to see the sites and experience the local cuisine.  You can't visit our town and not have the Fh'zookie experience. A warm, gooey cookie with vanilla ice cream and carmel and chocolate drizzled over the top. 


YUM-O.  Jeff and Libbie agree.  Before heading to Firehouse Pizzeria where said delicacy can be found we went to the "Cruise In" which was an experience in and of itself.  Every 4th of July weekend the biggest car show west of the Mississippi occurs in our very town.  At the end of the 3 day event all of the cars in the show drive down main street for the thousands of people looking on.  Adam and I have never been to the parade before so we decided to check it out with Jeff and Libbie.  Entertained we were, but almost as much from watching the people as from watching the cars.  Wow. People take this stuff very seriously.

You can see all of the people in the distance lined up on the parade route.


The kids waiting patiently for the parade to begin.


Ok, so the DeLorean was cool.  The owners were dressed up like Doc in "Back to the Future".


This Coke car is for my Aunt Kathy.

Oh great, now I'm craving a fh'zookie.  I never should have written about it in this post.

4 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Thanks for having us! I'll fh'zookie with you any time.

Malinda said...

Mmm. Fh'zookies. We had them last night for our FHE treat. You should buy your own skillets and you can have them all the time. (maybe that's not a good thing . . . I think I have gained 7 pounds since we got ours).

I love the picture with your mom and sisters. You all look great!

larah said...

Wow! I am sorry that you all got sick again. When we got home everything just returned to normal. No super bug hanging around our house. Hope you all get better soon!

By the way...the cookie looks terrific!

Kaylynn said...

Whenever we go to the Cruise In, we think, where did you people come from? I don't see you at Wal-Mart on weekdays. It is good people watching.