Saturday, December 19, 2009

No Awards

Clearly I will not be winning any blogging awards this month. Life has been busy, but I just haven't been blogspired lately. We've had the usual snow storms and freezing temps and have enjoyed all of the typical holiday merriment that goes on at this time of the year. Getting the Primary ready for the new year has also kept me busy. Last week Korinne's Joy School had a Christmas program where all of the Joy School kids and their siblings participated in the nativity. Britton was Joseph and never came within 3 feet of Mary who was played by one of Korinne's classmates. You can tell how excited he was by the look on his face in this picture

Korinne was one of the innkeepers.

Jenna was a shepherd (note the stuffed lamb she is holding).

They all did a great job.


Santa came at the end of the program. Jenna and Korinne were more than happy to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Britton, who is now a Santa skeptic, refused. He was more interested in hanging out by the refreshments (which I can totally relate to, by the way).

I can hardly believe Christmas is less than a week away. When I was a kid the Christmas season lasted f o r e v e r! Now it feels like it is over in a millisecond. It is funny how that works.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jantzen has become a 'Santa Skeptic' as well!

Kristen said...

It's kind of sad to see the wonder of Christmas mystery fade. Growing up has its disadvantages.