Without our knowledge he penned a note to the tooth fairy.
"Dear Tooth Fairy,
Please take the two treasure boxes for holding all of the teeth you collect. One of the teeth I want a pack of gum. Another one a pack of pokemon, the rest all money so I can pay my tithing. (Hope you like the teeth).
From, Britton M. Campbell
Have a safe trip home."
When the tooth fairy visited she found herself ill prepared to meet the specific demands so after conferring with her assistant tooth fairy it was decided that Britton would receive a little extra money to buy said items. This is the note the tooth fairy left in return.
That was good enough for Britton. As I write this he is at the store with his Dad.
The Yard. It has kind of been a long journey getting it in. I will spare you the details but I will emphasize the "long" in long journey. We finally got our sod delivered on Wednesday morning. Up to this point we have hired all of the work out, but we figured the one thing we could do ourselves was lay the sod. The neighbor kids helped out a bit in the morning and my sister-in-law Jen who was staying with us this week was more than willing to help out, but being 7 months pregnant she could only really make needed cuts with a kitchen knife. The neighbor kids left when we took a lunch break and then it was just Adam, Jen and me for another 4 hours. By 7 p.m. Adam and I were so exhausted we could barely stand and panic started to set in when we saw how much still had to be done. That's when Adam started calling people. We had about 5 guys show up and it was all done in another 45 min. Seriously, I don't know what we would have done if no one had answered our distress call. After 7 hours of sod laying my kids (who had been sufficiently neglected) were filthy. Korinne was the worst, but she wouldn't let me take a picture (shock). Here are Britton and Jenna on the back deck. You can see all of our helpers in the background.
5 comments:
It's amazing how the sod changes the look of your yard! I love it (probably not as much as you do though)! I am glad that you had help to get the job done! Tell Jen to not overdue it!
Wow, poor Britton! What a brave guy. I'm glad you were able to get your yard in, that's very exciting!
I love the note to the tooth fairy. Poor guy, the dentist is no fun :(
It's a good thing for your blog. I didn't know about Britton's teeth extraction trauma. Good job, Britton, for being so brave.
We also felt terrible when we heard you got your sod and didn't notify us. Wish we could have been there to help.
Love you all, Mom & Dad
What a beautiful yard! I always enjoy reading your blog, Hil. I am so happy to hear about your races. I am especially impressed with your 15K. You certainly outdid my 8K in June.
Post a Comment