I finally got Korinne in to get her 3 year old pictures done. (Nevermind that fact that she will turn 4 in 4 short months). I figured it was going to be easy and she would cheese it up and we would have lots of cute pictures to choose from, but I was wrong. She got in front of the lights and camera but there was NO action. She stood there playing with her arms and refused to give a real smile. After saying "Korinne, put your arms down at your sides" every different way we could think of she still sat there with her arms up doing some weird thing I have never seen her do before. Every smile she gave was a fake smile and no matter what we all did she wouldn't stop moving around. After apologizing to the photographer several times we managed to pick out a few pictures and were on our way. It wasn't my first bad experience getting my child's picture taken, but I'm really hoping it will be the last.
If you know me at all you know that I'm not a shopper. In my vocabulary the word "mall" is a 4 letter word so it is not surprising that my kids are not familiar with them. Since Korinne got her pictures taken at a JC Penney in the mall we went in through the JC Penney door and then did a scenic walk through the mall to see if there was some kind of a treat for the kids before leaving through a door from Dillard's. I wish I had had some kind of recording device with me because the kids were saying the funniest things. Walking to the car Jenna said something like, "What kind of a place is this!? We went through that door over there and then saw all these different stores and then came out from a completely different store! This is the weirdest place I've ever seen!" I let them discuss the mall concept for awhile before I gave them the scoop and told them it was in fact a mall to which Britton proudly declared, "Yeah, I think I've heard of a mall before." He was feeling VERY knowledgeable and told Jenna and Korinne a few more times he was pretty sure he had heard of a mall before. It was all I could do to not start laughing out loud.
Happy Pioneer Day to you all!
5 comments:
That mall story is hilarious. I wish I could see the look on Kaylynn's face when she reads it.
You know where I live. If you ever want to try more pictures just let me know.
Love the fact that your kids had never been inside a mall before. That is priceless!
Those are 2 hilarious stories!! Gosh, your kids are deprived!!! :-)
now that is FUNNY! My kids love the mall. It's probably a good thing we don't have one.
Hopefully you will be able to keep your girls oblivious of the mall concept for many many years to come.
Post a Comment