My Mom usually has us over for dinner on Sundays when they are in town. Last Sunday my parents were out of town, but since Taylor and his family were staying at the house my Mom actually made and left dinner for all of us anyway. Yeah, she definitely went above and beyond on this one. So we enjoyed a delicious Sunday dinner with Taylor, Jen and family. Jmo is really into pulling faces for the camera these days.
On Saturday morning I gave each of the kids a garbage bag and told them to fill it with stuff for the DI from their room. By noon we had over 6 bags of clothing, blankets, books and other household items ready for the DI. I get such a rush when we can get rid of extra clutter and junk! Happy Mother's Day to me. :-)
This year Adam has tried to have the kids be a little more involved and responsible for Mother's Day festivities. The kids came up with a fun candy bar poster for me which I received after our yummy yogurt parfait breakfast bar.
My parents were in town for a few hours today so we had lunch at their house before going to church.
Just having Adam home for most of the day on a Sunday was enough to make it a special Mother's Day. As I write this Adam and the kids are busy making dinner. They asked me what I wanted them to make but for me the real gift is simply not having to come up with the idea myself. Just surprise me and I'll think it's the best dinner ever no matter what it is.
So I've learned to spell out all of my Mother's Day expectations from the kids so they know EXACTLY what to do. For example this year I said, "for Mother's Day I would like you guys to mop the floor."
Yep, best Mother's Day present ever. They're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy. Everything else is just icing on the cake.







2 comments:
Congrats on the 6 bags - and getting the floors mopped. That's awesome. And Happy Mother's Day to you!
Happy we got to have lunch together on Mother's Day! Loved the floor moppers too!
Post a Comment