Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Happy October'

I decided I need to capture more of the random and funny things Jameson does during the day so I'm going to make it a point to document his daily life.

Jameson loves bubbles and Jameson loves Thomas the Train. This toy was a no-brainer.
Having fun making bubbles with Thomas.

Later on in the afternoon he was shaking water from a sippy cup to simulate rain on the train tracks. Gotta love a good weather simulation.


On this particular day he didn't have a nap and started to feel tired around 5 p.m. I knew he was trying to find a place to lay down and fall asleep so I was trying everything I could to keep him awake. When things got quiet, however, I went looking for him and found this:


"What Mom? I'm just resting."  
Fortunately Adam got home soon thereafter and he got his second wind.


Jameson and Johnny being silly.

On Thursday I got Jameson all dressed for school, got his shoes and socks on and buckled him into the car.  Adam came out to say goodbye to him and closed the van door.  When we got to his school drop-off he had taken his shoes off so I put on the first shoe and then couldn't find the other one.  I looked all over the entire van but it was obviously not there.  I had no choice but to send my child to school with only one shoe on a very RAINY DAY.


Here he is hopping out to the car after school.  Talk about a major "Mommy Fail" moment.  Where was his shoe?  He had thrown it out the van door before Adam closed that morning it so it was waiting for us on the garage floor.  Sheesh, the one day it rains. . .

Friday night Britton had his last away game in an area close to where family was either living or visiting. As a result Britton had a lot of relatives at his game cheering him on.


The weather didn't cooperate and neither did the traffic, it took us an extra hour to get there after sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for awhile, but at least we had good company once we arrived.

After the game we went to Adam's brother Josh's house for some hot chocolate and to visit with Adam's parents, his brother Josh and sister Kirsti who was in town visiting her daughter at college.



Jameson was looking at one of their pumpkins so Josh got it out and carved it with him. What a nice guy.



The girls went with their cousin McKaylee to the store to get some stuff for smores.  They cooked them over the gas stove since we were short on time and couldn't get the firepit going.


We stayed at my parent's house that night so that Britton, Jenna, Korinne and I could attend the first session of General Conference the next morning.

Waiting in line to go through security.

At our seats before the session began.


I had contacted my Mission President, Elder Carlos A Godoy, and told him we were going to be at the session so he met us at the fountain after it had ended.


It was so fun to see him and talk to him and Sister Godoy for a few minutes.  He was so great with the kids and gave them each a hug, too.  Just this last summer I was thinking about how I'm now 2 years older than he was when he was called to be a Mission President. That's crazy.  We talked briefly to Sister Godoy about having 4 small children in the house while trying to run a mission.  When I got to the mission their oldest was 12 and the youngest was 18 mo.

Britton had another soccer game after the 2nd session of Conference and then he and Adam went to the Priesthood session at a church close to the soccer field so they didn't have to miss too much of the meeting.

The next morning Adam's parents arrived for a visit about 1/2 way through the morning session of conference.  They have been doing a "we're home from our mission family tour" and have been spending a day or two with each child at their home.  The kids were thrilled to have Gramma and Grampa in town.


Some trampoline wrestling for the boys.



Jameson was about as attentive during conference as you can imagine.  Here he is with a screwdriver taking the batteries out of his Train.


Jameson is obsessed with taking batteries out of every toy that has them.  As a result we have random batteries laying all over the house and a lot of very quiet toys.  I've had to put a buying freeze on batteries until this obsession is over or because he'll just waste or lose all of the batteries by putting them in and taking them out of toys several times a day.


It was such a beautiful day that after the last session of conference we went on a little walk in the canyon to see the beautiful fall leaves.

We're always very serious.





Dress clothes and tennis shoes. Nice combo Grampa.



We loved conference and were excited to get 3 new Apostles: Elders Rasband, Stevensen and Renlund.  

Happy October!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How fantastic that you got to go to a Conference session and meet with Elder Godoy again. It was also great that Adam's parents got to share that lovely weekend with you. How great is that?