It rained quite a bit this week, but that didn't stop Jameson from going outside to ride his balance bike.
He loves to be outside rain or shine.
This weekend marked the 7th anniversary of moving into our house. I've never lived anywhere for 7 years before. It's amazing how everything needs to be spruced up after 7 years so I have the feeling this will be the first of many painting projects.
Britton's soccer game on Saturday was about 3 miles away from Lagoon so going to the opening day of Frightmares was a no-brainer. We arrived later than planned because of Adam's spontaneous project and other commitments we had (Britton and Jenna volunteered at the 15 mile stop of the TOU marathon), but 2 1/2 hours was really all we needed at Lagoon. I was hoping it wouldn't be as crowded as the last time we were there with Heather and family, but it was. Let's just say there were a LOT of people at Lagoon on Saturday. Fortunately for us we were happy to ride 1 or 2 rides and just check out all of the new Frightmare stuff.
Jameson has learned the art of photobombing. He smiled right up until I took the picture and then threw out this funny face.
We had no idea what to expect with Frightmares and were pleasantly surprised to find a few extra things for the kids. They had 2 different areas where kids under 54" could go trick or treating and get a little bit of candy and a few small toys. . .like these fireman hats.
Britton and Jenna were good sports and went through the "super fun straw maze"with us. Pioneer village was all decorated and reminded me of Gardener Village during October.
One of the prizes given out here was a wooden train whistle for each kid. Oh Lagoon, loud train whistle toys are NOT parent approved!!! Jameson still hasn't stopped blowing that whistle.
Hey, Korinne picked this one, not me. :-)
We went to 2 new Frightmare shows and really enjoyed them. Watching Zombies dance with chainsaws to a song from "The Sound of Music" was an experience never to be forgotten.
This picture is of a show called the "Zombie Mambo"
Doesn't this picture just make you say to yourself, "Wow, Adam is a really nice Dad"?
If you look closely you can see Jameson blowing his whistle while waiting for the ride to start. Oh, the whistle. Why, Lagoon, Why??
The girls originally planned to just stay at Lagoon during Britton's soccer game, but it was so crowded they decided they were OK to come to his game after all. Good thing they brought some books to keep them entertained.
The game started at 6 p.m. and didn't end until it was pretty much dark. It ended in a 1-1 tie.
Today was the primary program and it turned out well. About 6 weeks ago I took over as the Primary Music Leader for both Jr and Sr. primaries so it has been a little crazy for me to learn the songs and make sure the kids were ready to go. It has been quite an adjustment to do something so completely out of my comfort zone as I've never had a music calling before. Adam came down off the stand as the primary kids were coming up to their seats and sat with Jameson on a different bench. Not only did I need to be completely focused on the program, but I couldn't have Jameson anywhere near me or the music! All went well and I'm glad it's over. Korinne was the only one in the program this year, but Jameson will be joining her next year. :-)













2 comments:
I agree with the living in one place long enough to need some sprucing stuff...I'm seeing lots of little projects around my place too.
Good job on the primary program - nice to be done with that I'm sure.
I bet those cubbies look nice. Glad you enjoyed the Frightmares! Hilary, you did an awesome job with the primary music. The program was great!
Post a Comment