Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hot Hot Hot

Having a summer birthday has it's advantages in our ward.  Britton already got to go to Youth Conference since he would be turning 14 by the end of the summer and now he got to go to the Teachers Quorum high adventure camp just 5 days after returning from a week of scout camp.

 
I dropped him off on Wednesday morning and he got home on Saturday morning with a big smile.  They rock climbed, mountain biked, rode horses, and did a ton of other stuff. They even bailed some hay for a farmer!  Britton declared it the best.campout.ever.

 
I took Korinne and Jameson to the swimming pool.  Jameson thought putting Korinne's hat on was hilarious!

 
Jenna and Korinne like to color together.  They each take a side of the book and do their very best coloring. We have a few full books of such works of art.

Ok, that was a brief synopsis of the 4th week of June.  (I didn't blog last Sunday. Oops) Now we are on to this week's adventures which started on Monday when my friend Abby invited us to her parent's private lake.  I spend a lot of time riding my bike with Abby and she was also my gym workout friend this last winter.  Her Dad and a business partner had a great idea a few years back to make their own lake on some property they owned about 30 min. out of town and they actually did it! Now they have this really cool lake that only they and their families can use.  I've heard a lot about the lake but this was our first time going to it and it was a lot bigger than I imagined.  The kids had so much fun swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking and going on the zip line into the water.






It was a blistering hot day and we had been there about 2 hours when I noticed that Jameson wasn't acting like his normal self.  I got him out of the sun and gave him some ice cold water but just as he finished the cup he started throwing up.  I took that as my cue to pack up and head home.  It was time to get Jameson cooled down and hydrated up. 


Upon arriving home he slept on our kitchen bench for about 3 hours then popped up and starting playing like nothing had ever happened.  I learned my lesson, when it gets really hot I need to keep an eye on this little guy.

Oh Jameson, how do you get yourself into these things?
 
My brother Taylor and his family arrived from China this week in time to celebrate the 4th of July in America.

The kids ready for the parade to begin.
 

Taylor and Jen with their sun gear. Taylor borrowed Will's hat for a little extra coverage.

Britton being Britton.

This was Will and June's very first parade ever.

 
It was probably about 100 degrees when the parade started at noon. A little too hot for me, but somehow we all survived.  I was smart this year a brought a small pair of scissors to open all the frozen otter pops that were being thrown out. We also enjoyed the cold water, string cheese, mini banana bread loaves, cookies, and candy.


Love those 4th of July BBQ's at Grandma and Grandpa's! 


A few times every day Jameson comes in soaking wet.  The neighbors keep a sprinkler under their trampoline and even when they aren't home Jameson and whoever he is playing with will go over and turn on the water and start jumping.  It is so fun for them and it has been extremely hot, but going through at least 3 outfits a day is really putting a strain on my laundry system! He prefers to ask for forgiveness instead of  permission so this may be my new summer reality.

Happy Birthday America!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It was definitely hot and definitely fun to have some of the family and grandkids together for a holiday. Awesome!

Tricia said...

Sissors with Otter Pops. .. always smart.

The lake thing sounds awesome!