Happy Father's Day to this guy!
The kids are lucky to call him Dad and we are grateful for all he does for us every day.
We had a lot of summerish things going on this week. Britton left for scout camp bright and early Monday morning. After staying close to home on Monday and Tuesday I took the kids to Lagoon on Wednesday afternoon.
Jenna took a page out of Britton's book and read if there was ever a moment of waiting.
I like the roller coasters, but I can't do the spin-ee rides so the kids went solo on the teacups.
Jenna decided to just read her book while she waited for them. I think I have a picture of Britton reading in this exact same spot. Sheesh, what is it with my kids and books at Lagoon?!?
Jameson is in love with Lagoon and will ride anything he is tall enough to ride. I hurried and snapped a picture of him on Tidal Wave.
He's wearing green and is hard to see in this picture, but when you zoom in and see his arms in the air and the look on his face this picture makes me laugh out loud. It's just so Jameson.
I was sitting behind him on Bombora, a roller coaster, and all I could see were his two arms straight up in the air during the entire ride. Yes, Jameson loves him some Lagoon.
Several families in our neighborhood also got season passes to Lagoon and I've learned it's always more fun when you have friends. Jameson and Ali were cracking me up on the ladybug drop.
While we were at Lagoon Adam went up to Scout Camp with the Bishopric. They arrived with a case of fat boy seconds and were heroes because of it. Adam was able to get a few pictures of Britton enjoying camp.
Britton was the Senior Patrol Leader at camp and was recently put in as the Deacon's Quorum President.
We got home around 10 p.m. Wednesday night and Adam rolled in at about 11 p.m.
Thursday night Jenna's orthodontist hosted pool party at the Aquatic Center. His last name just happens to be Poole so we don't just call it a pool party we call it the "Poole Pool Party." For the 2nd year in a row we were 2 numbers off from winning the Grand Prize big TV in the drawing. Darn.
Once again Jenna passed the time by reading a book.
Britton came home from camp while we were Poole Pool Partying and went to sleep early so he could get up bright and early for Youth Conference on Friday morning. They met at the church at 7 a.m. for a youth conference at Temple Square.
They have everything planned for them and Britton really enjoyed it. It was for youth 14 years and up, but since Britton is the only 13 yr old boy with a summer birthday they let him come, too.
On Friday afternoon I met up with my K-1 friends. Malin, Cyd and Ker-dog.
Jenna and Korinne opted to stay home so Jameson was the only child I brought with me. He was whimpering and wanting to go home until Malin's husband Nate broke out their awesome train tracks. After that I couldn't get the kid to go home!
It's always nice to be with the crew. I've lived long enough to know that to find a group of friends like the crew is a once in a lifetime thing.
Saturday night we pulled out the firepit and marshmallows.
We had a few neighbors come out and we all enjoyed a lovely summer evening.
Phew. That's a lot of summer in just one week! Tis the season. :-)





3 comments:
You do know how to have fun!
Wish I could have joined the crew fun! And I love the Ladybug ride at Lagoon...
Love Jameson's look on the Tidal Wave.
And books at Lagoon. . . classic.
Post a Comment