Every year we have a goal to make it through the month of October without turning on the heat, and every year we cave before the end of the month and turn it on. Well, this year we finally made it! Thanks to beautiful fall weather and just a few days of wearing multiple layers inside the house we made it a furnace free month. Why does it really matter? It doesn't, but we like knowing we can do it. November came just in time, however, because I think we are scheduled to get a few snow flurries today and this time I'm turning on the heat on if it dips below 68!
This last week we had a few days where the temperature inside the house was between 64-68 degrees. Brrr. I was folding a batch of towels and blankets when Jameson discovered they were still a little warm. He crawled right in to snuggle with warm blankets.
He stayed there for awhile so I left to put some laundry away. When I came back I found him in the washing machine. First of all, not as comfortable, second of all I didn't want him to do any damage to my relatively new washing machine since he isn't exactly light as a feather, so I made him get out right away.
He wasn't happy about it so in the end it took me awhile to get him out anyway.
Leave it to Jameson to find a way into the washing machine while Mom's away.
The big event of the week was Halloween. The kids were allowed to wear costumes to school, but Jenna and Korinne were the only ones who did. Britton has never liked dressing up so he was happy to skip the costume this year.
Korinne heading off to school dressed as Cleopatra. It was red ribbon week so she included her red ribbon on her costume.
I didn't get a picture of Jenna before school because she left at 6:40 a.m. and I'm still not used to the early bus time. She dressed up as the Greek Goddess Athena.
Grandma and Grandpa made it to town for Halloween and made some "Goul"osh for dinner. It was a hit with the kids. Jameson dressed up as Thomas the Train and couldn't have been more thrilled with his costume. Thomas the Train is the center of his 2 year old world and as luck would have it our neighbors had a Thomas costume on hand for him to borrow. Perfect. He even had a little Thomas bucket for his candy.
| Getting ready to head out. |
We usually have a lot of trick-or-treaters, but this year I could tell the numbers were down a bit. I'm thinking it is because it was on a Friday night so more people were at parties. I'm sure every school and primary teacher was absolutely thrilled that Halloween was on a Friday this year and they weren't going to have to deal with the "day after Halloween hangovers".
Yesterday was November 1st and Britton had 4 soccer games. Crazy, right? At least they were all in the valley. Three of them were part of a mini-tournament and were outside. The weather was great when Britton left with Adam so he didn't even think about bringing a jacket, but then the weather turned cold and windy and nasty. He was sure thankful his mother was willing to drive across the valley to bring him some cold weather gear. After the 3 game mini-tournament he went to a birthday party for his best friend, Collin, and then had to go back out for his first indoor soccer game of the season which started at 7:40 p.m.
Now that Halloween is over it's time to start the Thanksgiving countdown. Wow. Time is flying!
2 comments:
And I am mocked for waiting until Oct. 1 to turn on the heat...maybe I'll try Nov. 1 next year:).
4 games in one day. That's intense.
Post a Comment