They had boats and kayaks, a zip line and a high jump into the water. Our friends Dave and Erica and Dave and Lacie and their families were also at the party.
The kids really loved the kayaks. Jameson was content to stick his toes in the water and call it good. I kind of love that I don't have to worry about him around water. He isn't in a hurry to get in and loves to just hang out with me on the sideline.
After being at the pond for a little while we went over to the next section of the property. The "Redneck Waterslide". I couldn't believe how cool the property setup was, they had the waterslide and more zip lines, a place to shoot bows and arrows, another place to shoot BB guns, a trampoline, a small swing set and even covered tables to eat.
| Jenna coming down the slide. |
There are a few farmers in the area who make these cool slides using hills on their property. This one was especially nice as it had carpet running all along the trail going back up so your bare feet wouldn't get muddy.
| Britton coming down the slide |
| On the flat portion but is still going strong. |
Jenna is gaining on me. It won't be long until she is taller than me!
Here is a video of Adam and Jameson coming down. You can't see it, but the look on Jameson's face is priceless. I thought he was hating it, but he decided he wanted to go again. He went down 3 times before he had had enough. What a trooper.
| Jenna on the zip line |
We all brought stuff for a pot luck and I think I ate enough for 2 meals.
It was a perfect summer night and we all knew it was going to be the last one of the season. Just to be at such a cool place with great friends was a fabulous way to end the summer. Interestingly enough the very next day I went outside in the morning and felt a slight chill in the air for the first time. Fall is on its way.
On Tuesday we went to the Ogden Temple open house. It started raining just as we came out of the temple, but we had someone take our picture anyway.
Since Britton's birthday was the next day and because the kids could think of nothing more exciting than eating at Chuck-o-rama after seeing the temple we decided to make "all their dreams come true".
They were in heaven but I was not nearly as impressed. Jameson wasn't exactly on his best behavior so it made our lunch a little chaotic. Near the end Jameson was making all of the kids laugh by sticking the straw from his icee up his nose. A classic move and a real crowd pleaser. . .if you are trying to entertain other kids, that is.
When Britton woke up on Wednesday he was a full fledged TEENAGER. Yup, 13 years old.
To celebrate he invited a few friends to go do baptisms at the temple at 6 a.m. and then they went to Herm's for breakfast. I took him to Hastings to spend the $25 gift card he won during the last school year and then he went miniature golfing and rode some go-carts at a sports park with his best friend, Collin. For our family party that night he picked brats for dinner and ice cream for a treat. None of us are really into cake but Adam brought home some extra donuts from a marketing thing at work so we decided to put his candles in the donuts for a "cake".
We were a little rushed in our birthday celebrations because it was back-to-school night at both the elementary and middle schools. Britton's birthday always falls on the last few days of summer or the first day of school. Lucky him, right?
Thursday morning started early. I must admit I'm not a fan of having 2 kids out the door by 6:40 a.m. I don't think I will ever get used to it even thought it is our new reality for the next several years.
Britton on his first day of 7th grade.
Jenna on her first day of 6th grade.
Korinne still gets to sleep in as her bus doesn't come until 8:25 a.m.
Korinne's first day of 3rd grade.
Getting on the bus with Moms looking on.
This is exactly how Jameson felt when he realized everyone was gone for the day and he wasn't going to be able to get on the bus, too. He really misses having the kids at home during the day.
School is in, summer is over and fall is on it's way. Change really is the only constant in life.






2 comments:
Jameson's face says it all...and that 6:40am thing is crazy.
We didn't go into the information tent at the open house. Sorry we missed that photo opportunity.
Post a Comment