Saturday, March 15, 2014

That'll leave a mark

Just for the record, I don't beat my children.  Unfortunately this week it looked like I did.




Just before church last week Korinne, Britton and Jameson were playing with an exercise band.  They were pulling it out and seeing how far it would stretch.  It was super fun until Britton let go of his end and it went flying right into Korinne's face with great force. Oops. By the time she went to church it was nice and swollen. The rest of the week it changed from black to green to purple.  She basically had 2 black eyes all week.  When people asked her about it she tried to explain it was an exercise band but I'm not sure how believable the story was. Fortunately no calls were made to child and family services.  Always a good thing.  I'm just grateful it didn't hit her in the eye. That would have been really bad.
 
It's that time of year again.  Time for the big Geography Bowl at the elementary school.  This year Jenna lead her team, the World Wizards, to victory.  She correctly answered the most questions of anyone in the bowl.  They always try to divide the teams pretty evenly, but Jenna's team won by a substantial margin--the biggest I've ever seen in the 3 years I've been attending the bowl.
 

Jenna in the zone.

The World Wizards win again.
 Jenna is one girl that knows her geography.
 
Construction started this week on the new high school that is being built about a mile away from our house.
 

You can't see it very well but in the distance there is a lot of big equipment getting to work on preparing the ground.

 
It won't be a big open field for much longer.  I'm excited that my kids will have their high school so close.  It will be a 3A school for grades 9-12. If it is finished on schedule Britton will be the first 9th grade class and will therefore be the first class to go all 4 years at the new school.  Perfect timing if I do say so myself.  Currently we have 2 4A high schools that are for grades 10-12 in the school district, but now it will go to 4 3A high schools with grades 9-12 so everyone in the school district will be affected.   

 
 
Speaking of Britton, he rocked his 6th grade orchestra concert this week.  He is part of a very good cello section.  He will be the first to tell you that the violins and violas in his orchestra group aren't as good.  At the concert I listened closely and decided he was right, the cellos are definitely better. Kind of funny there would be such a difference. 
 
 
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser--best. invention. ever.  Jameson hasn't found a wall yet that he doesn't want to decorate.  We find his creations all over the house.
 


 

Looks like we'll be using a lot of Magic Erasers over the next few years. Yippee, skippee.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats to those amazing kids of yours, Britton, Jenna, Korinne and of course, Jameson.