Last Monday was a holiday so Heather and her kids came to town for a few days. The kids were excited to have cousins around since we didn't have anything else planned. Guess who else showed up just after Heather arrived in town?
| Kaylynn, Heather, and Hilary striking the "look 5 lbs smaller" pose. |
On Martin Luther King day we celebrated by ice skating at Merlin Olson Park. It is free, but you do have to rent skates if you don't have your own. I could be wrong but I think the last time I went ice skating was when I was about 12 years old. For having it be our very first ice skating outing, we did extremely well. Jameson stayed home and took a nap.
Of course, having cousins there made it all the more fun.
The next day my kids were back to school, but Heather's kids had one more day so they were around until early afternoon which allowed me to take Heather to lunch for her birthday.
Having a passing employee take your picture is so 2000's, but we haven't mastered the art of taking selfies yet.
Jen, Will and June were in town from China for a few days this week, but we didn't get to see them very much because Will got sick. Bummer.
Friday night Adam took the kids night skiing as part of our neighborhood ski night and I stayed home with Jameson. When they got home at 10:00 p.m. one of the first thing out of everyone's mouth was, "Korinne needs a helmet. She goes sooooo fast!" This was Korinne's 2nd time skiing and she apparently has no fear. Adam couldn't even keep up with her at times. She just goes straight down the mountain and loves every minute of it. Never mind the fact that she doesn't really know how to stop or steer very well. "Mom, she almost hit the lodge twice!" Jenna is on the opposite end of the spectrum and was content to snow plow the entire way down. Britton is somewhere in the middle but they all absolutely love it. If we were cooler parents we would let them go more often.
Saturday we left the kids with my parents and went down the the MTC in Provo to visit Adam's parents. They have one more week until they fly out to the Cape Verde Islands off the coast of Africa and they are allowed visitors in the MTC. Walking through the doors brought back a lot of memories for me and I must say it looked exactly like it did when I was there in 1997! We didn't get to visit for too long because Academy had given us Suite tickets to the Jazz game that night (pun intended). I've never seen a Jazz game from a Suite and it was just as cool as I thought it would be. What's not to love about eating tons of food while watching the game? The shocking part was they actually won. A rare thing these days.
You see those programs I've got under my arm? They had 6 of them laying on the counter and no one was interested in them. Then Adam discovered that they had a coupon for a free crazy bread at Little Ceasars so I quietly ripped out all of the coupons while no one was watching and then threw them away. Score! I couldn't help myself, we will totally use them and I couldn't stand to see them go to waste.
When we arrived the game had just started and I was STARVING. Most everyone else in the suite had already eaten and was sitting out in the seats to watch the game. I won't tell you how much I ate, but it was A LOT. In fact I was still eating and snacking when half time arrived and they brought in some ice cream. Fortunately everyone else was paying attention to the game and not the girl in the back getting more food.
This was the first time Academy has given us tickets to their box suite, and I'm sure it will probably be the last. Not because I took all the crazy bread coupons and ate too much, but because it's the first time it's happened in 10 years. You can do the math on that one.




1 comment:
Who doesn't love free food?
Post a Comment