Saturday, January 11, 2014

Party On

Jameson turned 2 this week!


In the days before his birthday Jenna and Korinne worked on their present for him. They transformed a diaper box into a Thomas the Train costume for him.



They did this 100% on their own and I was pretty impressed with the results.  They didn't receive help from me for a couple of reasons, 1- I would never look at a diaper box and think "ooh, this would make a great Thomas outfit" and 2- This required crafting skills I lack. Good job girls! Jameson loved it!


That night we had pasta for dinner (one of his favorites) and armed with some cupcakes we set out to celebrate his big day.
Guess who's excited for some sugar?
"Why are they letting me be so close to an open flame?"

This is his "What chu talkin' about Willis?" face. I think he was mad we were only letting him have 1 cupcake at a time.
 
Grandma and Grandpa gave him some green pajamas for his birthday.  He insisted on wearing them the entire day.
 

What a ham.


Looking at an e-card from G.G.
Since Jameson is currently the easiest child to buy for (he LOVES trains) we got him a little train set. 
 
 
Not only did he absolutely love it but the rest of the kids liked it just as much.  I think they all sat around playing with it for a couple of hours.

 
I took him to his 2 year Dr. appt. the next day and he tips the scales at 32 lbs and is 35 inches tall.  That means he is in the 70th percentile for height and 90th for weight.  He is lean so his weight just confirms what we all know, he is pure muscle!  This is great for him and not so great for me.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to dress him and change his diaper when he doesn't feel like having it changed?  My margin of victory is getting slimmer and some days I end up just waiting until Adam can come home and help me.
 
He is talking more and mimics a lot of words and phrases even though they aren't very clear.  His latest is to respond with something that sounds a lot like, "I don't know." when we ask him where something is.  He calls a banana "la la" and a bottle a "boggle" but most of the other words he uses are pretty close to how they should sound. He has been doing an early intervention speech program for the last few months and I think he is definitely moving in the right direction.  We can all tell you that he is going to be a little chatter box when he finally gets this language thing down.
 
 
One of Jameson and Korinne's favorite things to do is play with my office chair in the front room.  When Korinne is around Jameson will run into the computer room and get it and the 2 of them with take turns pushing each other around in the chair.  Korinne loves that Jameson is so fast because he can really get her going!  It kind of makes me dizzy just looking at it but they can't get enough of the spinning.  I guess they should enjoy it while it lasts.

Jameson is a social kid and is never happier than when he is in the middle of the action. These cold winter days have been a challenge.  He gets cabin fever and doesn't like not having any friends to play with when the kids are at school.  He likes to snuggle in the mornings and give hugs and kisses all day.  He likes to tease and have fun and whenever he is in the room he definitely makes his presence known. We just couldn't imagine our family without him.

We've officially entered the terrible terrific twos! (I'm thinking positively)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Good plan on "terrific" twos. He is a cute guy and he will continue to keep everyone busy. His speech is definitely improving. Looks like fun week. We are impressed by the girls creation. Great!

JillN said...

Wow - he is going to be an NBA player for sure if he keeps growing. What a cute kid. From Kaylynn

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jameson! Love that age...for real.

Katie Jason said...

He is seriously cute. I love this age too! Dylan is 2.5 and so much fun :)
I might have to steal the thomas diaper box idea - love it!

Tricia said...

Glad you got a picture of that cute box train. It may be one of those things that happens to disappear after awhile.