In the last few days we have received enough of the white stuff to make it feel very Christmas-ee.
| The neighborhood kids all out playing in the snow. |
He loved playing in the snow with the big kids.
This week hit a snag on Wednesday when I came down with the flu. Adam was sick last Saturday and experienced a fever with aches and pains. I remember telling him that if he had to be sick that that was the way to do it. I'd take getting a fever over throwing up and being nauseous any day of the week. Well, when it was my turn to get sick I wasn't as lucky as he was and threw up all. day. long. Not fun. It just confirmed to me that fevers really are better. Just sayin'.
The girls had mini-recitals for violin during their regular lesson times this week. I missed Korinne's because I was sick, but was able to make it to Jenna's the next day.
Jenna played her violin for a special musical number at church today with 2 other girls her age. They did a great job! We had 7 musical numbers and 2 short speakers for sacrament meeting. Adam was the last speaker and just as he got up and started to talk Jameson slipped through the side of the bench by the wall (we were sitting in the 2nd row bench on the side) and found himself free from all bench constraints. When Korinne tried to get through to capture him he started running away and laughing. He ran at full speed across the front of the chapel to the opposite side and then turned around and ran while laughing all the way back. I was mortified, but of course everyone else in the congregation loved it. Who doesn't love a good unplanned spectacle in the form of a cute kid running around and laughing? Adam did a good job ignoring the little side show unfolding in front of him. In the end I was just happy the incident didn't involve food. If I could compare these special Jameson church moments to sickness I would say running down the aisle and laughing would be like getting a fever, while throwing cheerios all over the entire chapel would be like being nauseous and throwing up all day. One is definitely better than the other, but neither is fun.
All of Jameson's sleep issues from last week went away as soon as we got out a big boy bed. It was love at first sight for him. He loves sleeping in it and is back to being mostly cooperative when it comes to bed and nap times. THANK GOODNESS. I'll have to post pictures later since he is sleeping right now and I forgot to take some earlier.

3 comments:
Glad you're feeling better - that is not fun:(.
So sorry that you have been THAT KIND OF SICK! It is truly the worst. Glad Jameson likes his bad. Sorry about the church sideshow. You will get a tough skin eventually.
I hope Jameson does the tuck photo position forever:) Why does Christmas time always involve the flu?
Post a Comment