Britton on his cello at the Middle School concert.
Korinne and Jenna played in a recital, but I was so busy dealing with Jameson that I didn't get a picture. Jameson can only sit through so many concerts, if you know what I mean.
Jameson decided that this would be the perfect week to start freaking out about nap time and bedtime. After almost 2 years of minimal non-compliance he decided he should start screaming and making a complete fuss for 2 hours before falling asleep every time. He even got up during the night a few times for good measure. WHAT IS GOING ON?!? Seriously, I can't live like this. We got him a night light thinking maybe he was just scared, we've rocked him, we've let him cry it out, we've gone out on drives in the car. Nothing has worked. Let' s hope it is a phase and will end quickly. I NEED it to end quickly. You can't just throw that on a parent after 2 years.
Speaking of Jameson it is fun to start seeing some of his personality come out. For instance, Jameson doesn't like to have messy hands. If he is feeding himself and his hands are too messy for his liking he will hold out his hands and then yell out in baby jibberish for us to do something about it. I'll ask, "Do you want me to wash your hands?" and he will reply with "Yeah" and nod his head and smile. We don't put a bib on him very much when he eats because for the most part he isn't a messy eater and will pause several times during a meal to be cleaned up. He also doesn't like to have a runny nose so he is pretty good about letting me wipe his nose with a tissue. I know it is kind of silly, but this had given me a little hope that maybe, just maybe, he will like to have things clean and won't fight me so much on this when he is older. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
Jameson has also shown us over the last month or two that he gets scared and doesn't like to be scared which is why we think his sleeping problems might be related to this. He is a lot like Britton was at his age. Britton got scared easily and didn't like it one bit. There was a Thomas the Train episode that scared Jameson (it was about Halloween) and he was really upset by it. I turned it off and deleted it from our DVR but he really hasn't been the same since. He definitely gets scared easily these days. It's not like Thomas the Train is trying to push the envelope or anything, Jameson is just sensitive.
1 comment:
Sure wish we could have seen/heard all those concerts. Next year, I'm getting those on my calendar. I'm so happy that the kids are liking their string instruments.
Congrats, Jameson, on staying in the chapel through the whole meeting today. Way to go!
Post a Comment