Sunday, October 27, 2013

Let's Rejoice!

 
This week started out with the "National Day of Rejoicing", aka my birthday.  It was a great day and Adam left work early to take me to a movie and out to dinner before family home evening.  It was a pleasant surprise because I figured we would just be having an at home party as part of our FHE.


I hit the big 3-7 and bumped back up to Adam's age category. He's 5 months older and he says being 37 is great and I believe him. It's going to be a great year.
 
I don't really like birthday cake so Adam got me something a little different this year. 
 
 

Cinnamon rolls from Great Harvest! So yummy. We didn't have a number 3 candle so we made do with 3 match sticks (you can hardly see them) and then the number 7 candle. I had already blown out the match sticks when he took the picture.

Adam's youngest brother got married on Friday in Salt Lake and we were all on hand for the big occasion.

Stephen and Hailey at the luncheon following the wedding
 
8 out of 10 siblings
Adam's sister Kim had a baby 2 days before the wedding so she wasn't able to make it, but all of the other siblings came for the day.
 
Here are a few of the cousins at the Salt Lake Temple
 
 
The kids had a great time at the reception when the dancing started.  They had such a great time we ended up staying until the very end. We look forward to getting to know Hailey now that she is part of the family.  She is the oldest of 5 kids in her family, and Stephen is the youngest of 10 in his.  Kind of funny. Her parents are the same age as Stephen's oldest siblings.

Yesterday was Britton's last soccer game of the fall season.  The weather was awesome and they finished off the season with a victory.


 
 

One of Jameson's favorite pastimes is seeing himself in pictures.  He will cheese it up big time and then instantly want to see the playback view.  If you really want to brighten up his day show him a video clip of himself.  He will instantly laugh and cheer and start clapping.


His other favorite pastime it to take a big bite out of the cheese when no one is looking.


Hmmm, reminds me of another "mouse" back in the day. Remember Korinne doing the same thing?


Jameson and Korinne are a lot alike, actually.  They are both very animated and love to have fun at all times. Life is a party and they are in the middle of it.

After Britton's game we went to the famous Pumpkin Walk.  I'm always amazed at what people can do with pumpkins and other gourds and squash.

 
 All of the figures in this display were made out of pumpkins and squash!

 





Jameson loved it and found it very entertaining.  It was a gorgeous fall day and a perfect (and free) family outing.

 
That's all folks! Congrats. You finally made it to the end of this long post!

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

pumpkin walk looks like my kind of activity! Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Yes, it looks like a great week of fun! I've never tried cinnamon rolls from Great Harvest - wow. One of these years we want to come check out the pumpkin walk.

JillN said...

Welcome to the 37 club, but I am leaving the club in a few weeks. I am glad you had a great birthday. I am a fan of the pumpkin walk, especially when it is nice outside.
From,
Kaylynn