Sunday, June 23, 2013

On the Trail

The 3rd week of summer is already behind us and I must say we have kept ourselves BUSY.  I purposely didn't sign my kids up for a lot of stuff this summer.  Now that they are older it is all about friends and there has been no shortage of friend time thus far. 

This week we tried something we've never done before, we went mountain biking.  A friend of mine found a family friendly trail up a nearby canyon and we loaded up all of our bikes and went for an adventure.  I borrowed a kid trailer for Jameson.

 
He "chillaxed" with his sippy cup and some snacks and loved every minute of the ride.
Korinne all ready to go
Britton at the trail head

 
 
 

 
We had a great time and didn't get back until about 2 p.m. The kids had been invited to swim at a neighbor's pool so it was off to the next adventure right away. All in all they went swimming 3 times, had breakfast in the park, went mountain biking, had soccer and piano (Britton) and spent a lot of time with friends.
 
Jenna has hit a growth spurt and only had one pair of shoes that still fit so yesterday we went to get her some new shoes.  You can imagine my surprise when I fit into them. Yes, my 10 year old daughter wears the same size shoe as me. Britton hasn't hit his growth spurt yet so Jenna's shoes are 2 sizes bigger than his and she is over an inch taller.  Every time we joke about it Britton says, "I would just like to say that I am STILL better at soccer!" Ok, we'll give you that one.  Britton knows he'll be taller in the end, but it may take a few years to get there.  For now Jenna is enjoying her reign as our tallest child.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Fun bike ride. We'll have to join you sometime. Do you think old people can handle it? I'm not ready to be the one in the trailer yet.