Collin moved here from Nevada at the beginning of the school year and he and Britton clicked right away. They are best friends and have a great time together. We found out not too long ago that Collin's family had actually looked at the house right next door to ours before buying their current house. I told his mother just this week, "Um, I'm sure you like your house and all, but I'm really bummed you guys didn't move in next door." She agreed with me. If only we had known! Collin is their oldest child, too, and is the oldest of 5 kids so we are in the same stage of life. They love Britton as much as we love Collin. Britton would have been in heaven to have Collin next door, but for now they'll have to settle for their arranged play time.
As a 4th grader Jenna participated in "Images of Greatness" where each student selected a historically noteworthy person and prepared a number of things about that individual. Jenna picked Laura Ingells Wilder. She wrote a poem about her and then gave it in front of the crowd. Afterwards each student stood by their displays in costume.
She did 100% of the research and work by herself. All I had to do was show up and smile--Loved it. In true Jenna fashion she went above and beyond. You can't tell from this picture but the Laura on the poster is made from small individual pictures of Laura Ingells Wilder that Jenna found on the internet and then arranged in such a way to make letters. Jenna likes to pay attention to detail and isn't afraid to put in the work to get it just how she wants it. Of course, Britton's debate and Jenna's "Images of Greatness" exhibition were going on simultaneously so Adam and I had to run back and forth to support both of them. Most families don't have 2 students in SEM only one grade apart so they don't feel a need to accommodate but we didn't mind going back and forth.
All of this work was done in addition to their normal schoolwork and is only a small sampling of what they have done this year. They both enjoyed their Evening of Excellence. Jameson, on the other hand, didn't enjoy the evening quite as much so I spent a lot of time in the back of the room or the hall. Shocking, I know.
3 comments:
Horray for Britton and Jenna! Congrats on all of their awards and activities.
Okay, so I commented on your other post before I saw this one. I second my over-achiever and extra-curricular comments. :) Good work Britton and Jenna!
WAY TO GO BRITTON AND JENNA! CONGRATS!
Way to go Mom and Dad for surviving with Jameson.
Post a Comment