Sunday, April 21, 2013

Almost there. . .

If I could describe our weather this last week I would only need 2 words- cold and wet. Clearly it was a perfect week for Britton to have 3 soccer games outside.  Jameson and I froze our way through 1 1/2 of the games, but Adam had to finish the rest out for us.  It was just too cold and windy.

The big news of the week is that we got carpet in the basement.  Jameson felt free as a bird and was running around and laughing. He just couldn't get enough of the wide open space.  Now we only need our counter tops for the bathroom and kitchenette and then the plumber can come back and get the water hooked up.  Saturday was spent going through all of the stuff we squished into our cold storage area and putting things back together.





I love my new built in shelves in the storage room!

 
It has been a big project so it is exciting that the end is in sight.
 
We are entering into the recital/program time of year and the Britton and Jenna got us started with an Orchestra assembly at school. 
 
 
After school it was the first day of "mini-recitals" for the girls.  Here they are with their violins.
 

 
They are both progressing and seem to enjoy it.  This is for the grandparents who couldn't be there.
 

3 comments:

Malinda said...

The basement looks awesome! You'll have so much fun filling those storage shelves (at least I would).

Kaylynn said...

There is nothing like brand new carpet. Very exciting. Do you have your label maker ready to get your food storage room all organized?

Kristen said...

Love your basement. Thanks for sharing Jenna's recital. We do love to see the kids perform.