Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend Update

We are in the middle of spring around which means that some days are absolutely beautiful, and others are cold and/or rainy and/or windy.  For Jameson who LOVES to be outside cold days are a real buzz kill. He doesn't understand why I am so fickle when it comes to letting him go outside.  Some days I do, some days I don't.  Such a confusing thing for a 15 month old with energy to burn. 

Last weekend was a busy weekend.  The Friday night before conference I was able to get together with the infamous K-1 Crew. We started with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

 
We ordered 4 different dishes and then ate family style.  It was the perfect way to enjoy the variety of food they have available and the Cheesecake Factory.  Then it was on to Ker-dog's house for foot zones by Heather and the "Dressing Your Truth" personality profiles by Cyd.  Ker-dog is a type 1, Kaylynn is definitely a type 2, Cyd and I were type 3's, Malin was a classic type 4, and Heather was 4,3 mix. What does this mean to you? Probably nothing.  But to us it means we are all completely different which may be why we seem to get along so well. 


 At 2:00 a.m. we finally said goodbye for the night.  Ahh, good times with the K-1 Crew. Can't wait to get together again.

The rest of conference weekend we spent at home hanging with my sister Heather's family who were staying at my parents new house around the corner.  While our basement is nearing completion, it isn't quite there meaning our General Conference viewing situation isn't great.  We have 2 TV's but neither is in a location that accommodates a crowd. So we split up and most of the kids were upstairs in an office we converted to a small family room while work is being done on the basement.  The rest of us were in the exercise room in the basement which is the only room that is finished downstairs.  We didn't have furniture in it (unless you count the treadmill) so we watched conference sitting in lawn chairs.  




Sunday morning Aaron was able to hook up my parent's 55 inch TV to his phone's hotspot to get conference working.



It was a lot more comfortable to watch it in my parent's family room on the big screen but after receiving a bill for $42.00 near the end of the session he realized he had exhausted his data plan for the month and they were charging him for the overage. Oops.  Fortunately he was able to upgrade his plan for the month which reduced it to $10.00 but the lesson was learned and they were back to our house for the afternoon session. 

I didn't get a lot of pictures of the visit, but managed to get a few of the impromptu dance the girls had in our family room.  Jameson loved that they let him "bust a move" with them.




Soccer season is back in swing which complicates our schedule a bit.  It's a good thing for me that Adam is really good about taking care of the soccer stuff.  The season only goes through mid-May, but there is a bit more travel involved than I care for.  I guess it's what happens when your kids get older and play club soccer. 

4 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

Glad to see at least one fellow 1! Sounds like fun.

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun but wild and crazy weekend. Go Jameson!

Malinda said...

Fun times! I still can't believe that the P girls were the ones most wide awake at 2 a.m. Hardly ever happens.

Kaylynn said...

Now we have it in the history books everyone's dress for truth analysis. I didn't know you partied until 2 am. Crazy kids:)