Sunday, May 26, 2013

May Days

Guess who had a birthday this week? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Jameson.
 

Adam turned the big 37.  We celebrated by eating dinner at the Pizza Pie Café and going swimming at the Sports Academy.  I would post pictures but, I didn't take any. Yeah, I'm cool like that sometimes. I was so worried about getting all the swimming gear and making sure we were all ready for our spontaneous Tuesday night family party I didn't even think about the camera.  In true Adam fashion he didn't mind one bit.  Surprisingly Jameson did not like swimming.  He loved it over spring break so we aren't sure what happened.  Maybe being out in the warm sun is more fun to him than indoor swimming at night.  We'll see how he does this summer.



This rocking horse in one of Jameson's favorite toys.  He can really get it moving.

 
He isn't talking, but he has a great wave and smile.


I remember Adam holding Britton while mowing the lawn. Here it is 10 years later and he is doing it all over again, what a guy.

 
 
 
 
Jenna had her 4th grade Utah program this week at school. She had a speaking part and did a great job.  All of the 4th graders had to make a float for their specific counties and then parade them through the hall and into the gym for the program.  Last year Britton had to do a big board with all sorts of information about the county he was assigned, but this year Jenna's teacher didn't make them do the additional big board.  I almost hugged her when I saw her.  She is teaching a 4th/5th split and they already do so many really cool things in her classroom she didn't feel the need to assign her 4th graders extra stuff.  Considering I found out about the float at 8:30 p.m. the night before it was due I was very thankful there wasn't additional "stuff" to be done.

I think Jenna's teacher this year has been my favorite teacher for my kids so far.  I have never seen a teacher go above and beyond like Mrs. Anderson.  She runs her classroom like a city and every month they have elections to decide the Mayor and city council for that month and then the other students apply for jobs like, zookeeper, librarian, law enforcement, etc. and the council assigns out the responsibilities.  Every one in the classroom has a responsibility and they all get to do several jobs throughout the year.  Lest you think they don't have any responsibility let me show you a picture of the classroom "zoo".


They have 15 classroom pets and have 4 zookeepers to take care of them.  I've never seen anything like it and the kids absolutely love it.



She is also the teacher that heads up the Panda Power Club (A student service and leadership club), and does The Stock Market Game.  It's all hands on and gives the kids real life, practical knowledge and she doesn't get paid to do any of it!  My kids have definitely benefited from her dedication.  We love Mrs. Anderson.

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

I don't know how Adam can mow and hold the baby. I love great teachers!

Kaylynn said...

That is a lot of classroom pets. Happy Birthday to Adam!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday, Adam. Jameson is a lucky guy. Jenna, you are blessed to have such a great teacher. Good job too.