Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mother's Day Miracle

For the past 10 months Jameson has been a handful at church.  He is much too active to sit through much so we have spent a lot of time in the halls switching off so at least one of us can attend class, or teach, or do what we need to do.  It was my turn to have him during the 3rd hour and I took him into Relief Society where I always sit in the back by the door so I can leave when he has decided he has had enough.  As the meeting started I held him across me with his head on my chest and he stayed very still.  After a minute I looked down and realized he had fallen asleep!  I thought to myself, "It's a Mother's Day Miracle!!" He slept for all of Relief Society.  Thanks, Jameson, what a thoughtful gift. 

The day before Mother's Day is recognized as "Birth Mother's Day" so we would like to thank Jameson's birthmom, Marquita. This is the only picture we have of all of us together but we are so thankful for her and her decision to go through a tough pregnancy to give Jameson life.

 
We can't imagine our lives without Jameson.
 
 
He keeps our floor super clean when he eats.
 

 
But no worries, we start them cleaning pretty young around here.
 
 
This video from Adam's cell phone shows Jameson being Jameson.  Dancing, running around, laughing and being the center of attention.  It's all in a day's work.
 
 
 
For mother's day Britton and Jenna decided to use their gift card to the Elements restaurant and take me to dinner last night.  As the 3 of us were leaving Korinne sensed she was missing out on something big and cried until her compassionate father said, "You can go, too".  So, the 4 of us went off to the fancy restaurant where the kids learned that there is a lot of waiting involved at fancy restaurants on a Saturday night. It was busy and everything was especially slow.  Despite how long it took (we were there for almost 2 hours) we really had a great time. Korinne was on her best behavior and surprised us all with her good manners.
 
 
 
 
The girls ordered off of the kids menu and Britton and I ordered from the regular menu. Britton really wanted steak but was worried about the cost.  I told him he had practiced his cello 31 hours and could get whatever he wanted because he had earned it.  He went with the $21.00 Fillet Mignon and declared it the best food EVER!  Every bite he took was followed with some kind of a reaction both verbal and non-verbal.  He will probably talk about this particular steak for years to come.  "This was sooo worth the practicing!"
 
 
Earlier in the week Britton received an award at the banquet his soccer club puts on at the end of each year. Each team in the club gives out awards to the Offensive and Defensive players of the year and then a Most Valuable Player from the team. Britton was surprised to receive the MVP award from his team.  He really enjoys soccer and tells us he's ready to sign up for another year.
 
 
Thursday night was Britton and Jenna's orchestra concert in the Kent Concert Hall.
 
 
Britton wants to continue playing the cello at his middle school next year.  He keeps asking for private cello lessons this summer. (You know, because he doesn't have anything else going on.)  Jenna hopes to be a part of the Ambassadors next school year.  The orchestra Ambassadors are 2nd year students who commit to going to extra rehearsals on Saturdays, are required to have private teachers to help them with the more difficult music, have additional performances and get to travel to SLC to listen to and play with the Orchestra at Temple Square in the spring.  She is excited to be a part of it next year.
 
As you can see we keep pretty busy around here.  I never feel like we get everything done that we need to get done, but we try our best and for now that will have to be enough.  Our kids have no intention of slowing down and want to be a part of everything so who are we to stand in their way?  As I write this Britton is busy making Adam's famous chocolate chip cookies (seriously, they are that good) to give to all of the teachers at the elementary school just to say "Thank You". That is Britton being Britton.  I told him there are a lot of teachers so they would only get like 1 or 2 each, but he said that is fine. He will put 1 or 2 in baggy with a ribbon and then put them in the teacher's lounge and have the secretary announce it to the teachers.  He's thoughtful like that. In fact he is just like his father, and that is about the best compliment he could receive.
 
 

4 comments:

Kristen said...

How thoughtful of Britton to want to do something for all the teachers!
That was awesome that they wanted to take you to dinner. I'm glad that Britton enjoyed his steak! Even Jameson comes through with a thoughtful gift once in awhile. Sweet that he napped on Mother's Day!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm looking forward to the day I can meet Jameson in person, hear a cello solo and eat one of Adam's famous cookies.

Kaylynn said...

Jameson is stinkin' cute. Happy Mother's Day. Love to hear about your kids.

Tay and Jen said...

"Mother's Day Miracle". LOL. When something goes well Tay and I always say now, "It's a Christmas Miracle!" Makes me laugh right now as I type.
I just spent a lot of time catching up on your blog, and I had a good laugh at each post. Jameson hanging out in the back room or hall during ceremonies, games, concerts, etc. Ha! Your kids are doing so fantastic and it's fun to read about. I am proud of them. Tricia is here hanging out with me, and we were just talking about you over our Thai dinner tonight. I guess the Thai food reminded me of you? I don't know why ;) All good things, of course. We miss you!
-j