When it hits 34 degrees like it did yesterday and you feel like you can shed your coat because it's soooooo nice you know it has been a harsh winter. We have gotten a
lot of snow. Last Monday I went and took a few pictures of the kids with the snow pile in front of our house. Living in a cul-de-sac has its perks when you're a kid and one of them is that the snowplows pile up the snow from the entire circle into a huge pile. No child labor required. What kid wouldn't love having a 15 foot pile of snow in front of their house to make caves, slide down and play on?
 |
| On top of the pile |
 |
| Snow going up to the tree branches |
 |
| Snow so deep in the front yard Korinne is standing half way up the light pole |
 |
| In the middle of the yard the snow was up to Britton's waist |
My sister lives in Texas and blogged about how her daughter's school brought in 8,000 lbs of shaved ice so the kids could have an opportunity to play in real snow. Wow. Wish I could have sent a little of our excess snow this year to people who would really appreciate it. With a month of sub zero temperatures it started to feel like Alaska or Canada and I realized that there are a lot of people that regularly experience these kinds of winters. Glad to know that the groundhog has predicted an early spring this year. :-)
4 comments:
I wish the snowplow would make our pile for us. We have to do a whole lot of prep work to make a snow cave. I'm ready for spring . . . or at least another trip to Hawaii. :)
Yeah, I don't miss that. Spring will be welcome!
That is a LOT of snow. It is funny how your perspective changes and you think that 34 is nice!
Fun snow. But I heard you had extra cold temps this year. . .like you just said. :)
Post a Comment