Jenna has lived her first decade of life. Because our family has such a rich history of awesome birthday cakes I thought I would take a picture of our latest stunner.
Jenna isn't a fan of birthday cake (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) so this was the obligatory birthday party cake for her friends.
Since this is the year of birthday parties at our house (we have friend parties every other year), Jenna started things out by taking a few friends to the trampoline park in town. They had a great time. Jameson even got in on a little of the action.
I don't know what it is about Jenna's birthday parties, but every time she has one there is a blizzard on the day of the party. This year it snowed all day long and by the time the party started we had gotten another foot of snow. Adam had to shovel the walkway to the door. You can't tell from the picture, but it was still snowing and continued to snow well into the night.
| Enough snow already!! |
By the time this picture was taken Adam had been out in the snow for over 24 hours. He arrived home from a scout campout about an hour before the party started. Camping in the snow-- that just sounds like fun, doesn't it?
When Jenna was born in Georgia it was already starting to warm up and felt like spring. Around these parts her birthday definitely falls in the dead of winter. How did we end up with 3 winter birthdays and only 1 summer birthday?? I said this to Jenna yesterday and she said that if we moved to southern Brazil we would have 3 summer birthdays and only 1 winter birthday. Very true, Jenna, I hadn't thought of that. See how smart you get when you turn 10?
Every year Jenna has a boy at school who has a major crush on her. There was one particular boy who liked her from 1st Grade thru 3rd grade and would give her little gifts on her birthday. This year she has a new boy who really likes her and everyone in the entire grade knows about it. He isn't exactly nonchalant. One day she came home with a little stuffed heart shaped thing and said, "Brenden gave this to me. He said he had an extra one at home."
An extra one? Really? I don't think so.
On Valentines Day Jenna came home with 3 plush roses in a vase.
Everyone in the class was talking about it. Adam and I just looked at each other and thought, "Wow, this kid is bold."
Well, for Jenna's birthday he pulled out all the stops. He handed her a large wrapped gift at school, but she didn't open it until she got home. She pulled it out of her bag upon arriving home and unwrapped it.
A deluxe art kit with acrylic paints, 3 extra canvases and a king size Kit Kat bar. Whoa! I have no words. She insists he is not her boyfriend, but I'm sure she doesn't mind all of the attention. Last year another boy gave her a ring for her birthday. What is it about Jenna that makes boys want to give her gifts? We aren't worried about it yet, but maybe we should be. . .
6 comments:
Wow! That is a very bold 4th grader. Heaven help you in 6 years when she starts dating.
happy birthday to Jenna!
I remember when Jenna was born. That was the spring we came to visit Georgia and you were so wonderful to let us spend the night at your house. Awesome memories. I can't believe she is so old already. It just seems like a few years ago. I recall I was very happy to escape from winter that year too.
I didn't know there was a trampoline park in Logan. Boys do love Jenna - a wrapped gift and all. Wow. Long live blizzard birthdays.
Happy Birthday, Jenna. Hope you had a great celebration.
I think you and I should compare our cakes! :) wow, that is a LOT of snow!!!! And no, camping in it does not sound fun. But those trampolines do!
Post a Comment