| "Another day with just you and me. Let's get this party started!" |
| Um, is there a reason you aren't holding me right now?? |
I got in the shower and he showed me his latest trick--it's the "turn the hot water in the tub on all the way so only a trickle of water comes out in Mom's shower" trick. It's a super funny trick.
It was so funny he couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was in the shower.
I made up for it though when I chased him down to change his diaper and clothes. He really loves getting his diaper changed, almost as much as he loves getting dressed. He loves it so much that I have to put my leg over him to pin him down. That is his favorite part.
Once the diaper is changed the real wrestling match begins. I must say I've become quite the wrestler in my old age. I practice several times a day and guess what? I always win.
Now that he is ready for the day he can get down to business. The business of making a mess, that is. One of his favorite places is the upstairs landing. He likes to look over the edge and throw things down.
| Seriously, Mom, why aren't you holding me?? |
Pick up our bathroom scale and drop it a few times.
And turn on the tub faucet as many times as he can. If I turn it off, he turns in back on. I turn it off again and he'll turn it back on again (you can see where this is going). I would ban him from the bathroom altogether, but unfortunately he has to be monitored at all times.
| Mom, are you done with your hair yet?? |
We set up an old little TV/DVD in the corner of our bedroom so he could watch Baby Einstein while I showered and got ready for the day. As you can see, it works really well. He watches it for about 2 seconds and then messes with the channel buttons until the volume goes up really loud and it goes to a static channel. Then he leaves. This is what I would call a "less effective" way to get a few extra minutes in my day.
| Jameson has been here. |
He is so fun and is always happy. He is also very busy. My house isn't as clean as it used to be and I don't get nearly as much done. Did I mention that my house isn't as clean as it used to be? I try to remind myself that it isn't all me, but it still drives me crazy. We are looking forward to the time we will be able to spend some time outside again. The house will probably thank us.
4 comments:
He is so cute and very busy. Thanks for the fun photos and the description of your morning hour.
It's a good thing he is so dang cute!
What a great documentary of Jameson:) He is cute, and it is a skill to get pants and shirt on a moving child.
People used to say to me, "I remember those days." At the time, it felt like it would never end. I just wanted a clean house for a day. Is that too much to ask? Oh wait. . . I am still not there yet. But I do feel your frustration! The problem is he won't be such a cute Munchkin when he outgrows this.
Post a Comment