Only 4 more days until school starts and 3 of my 4 children will be in school all day long. Normally I would be happy to get back on a schedule, but this year I'm not looking forward to it. All summer the kids have been so helpful with Jameson playing with him when I was trying to get stuff done around the house, but for the next 5 school years it's just going to be Jameson and me and I can tell you right now I may be lacking the "baby entertaining" skills I need for the job. I'm sure we'll both have our moments, but we'll get by. Wish us luck. :- ).
Britton's soccer team had a tournament in Layton this week so for 3 days we made the journey there and back. Earlier in the summer they played in a tournament and lost all 3 games they played, but this time they only lost 1 game and tied the other 2 games. A marked improvement to be sure.
Britton scored a goal in one of the games so he was pretty happy about that. He really loves playing soccer.
The kids have been trying to squeeze all they can out of the last few days of summer playing with friends all day every day. It is going to be a shock to all of our systems when the school rush starts. It's like going from 0 to 60 mph in 2 seconds. Britton has soccer, piano, orchestra at the school (cello), and scouts. Jenna has piano, orchestra at school (violin), and activity days and Korinne has a combo piano/violin lesson 2 times a week. On paper it doesn't seem like that much, but in reality we are in constant motion especially when you throw homework into the mix. I have really tried to simplify and we have said "no" to a lot of things but I've learned that as kids get older being involved in only 1 activity can be very time consuming.
Jenna is the one who is most excited for school, she can't wait. Britton has mixed emotions about it, and Korinne really has no idea what she is in for. We'll see how she adjusts to being a big 1st grader. :-)
4 comments:
The end of the summer flurry is in full swing at your house. Good luck with school starting this wk. Congratulations, Britton, on your soccer goal and tournament.
Good luck on the baby entertaining skills. I hope Jameson likes to knit and do family history:)
I have to say that on your spectrum of excited or not for school to start...I am on the not excited part...but for different reasons. Cassidy starts jr. high this year and I have to teach...Parker is pretty excited though.
Good luck with Jameson. I am sure that you two will get along famously.
Cool that Britton scored a goal. Cam just had a soccer birthday party. Their schedules sound similar. . . minus the piano and cello. Okay, maybe not so similar except for the soccer and scouts.
Post a Comment