He was a little disappointed that there were significantly more girls in his class than boys and that he only knew 1 or 2 of the other boys in the class. He'll be fine, but wished more of his friends were in his class this year.
Jenna was more than ready to go to the school and meet Mrs. Anderson.
She is in a 4th/5th split class which hasn't been done at the school before, but Mrs. Anderson is a seasoned teacher and ironically is the teacher Britton wanted for 5th grade. He has been talking about her for 5th grade for at least 3 years. When it was announced she would be teaching the split class this year he gave up on the dream. Being in a class with 4th graders would be too "weird" for him and the thought of being in the same class as his sister was waaaay too much.
And then there is Korinne. Last year Korinne started writing "Kora" on her school papers because it was shorter than Korinne and easier to write. Naturally her new teacher Mrs. Mickelson thought she went by Kora and put it on everything. Outside of the classroom I saw this hanging.
I told the teacher she didn't really go by Kora and last night Korinne was kind of upset that everything had Kora on it, but this morning when I told her that if she wanted to go by Korinne she would have to write Korinne on her papers she had a change of heart and decided that going by Kora was just fine. Oh, that girl. The whole Kora thing came about when we told her she was named after her G-G grandmother Kora Bergum, but I never intended for her to go by Kora. I guess I should be prepared for either because she is determined to make the call when it comes to what she goes by at school. Here she is with Mrs. Mickelson.
And so here they were this morning all ready to go to school.
Britton is a BIG 5th grader
Jenna's starting 4th grade
And Korinne is in 1st
And this this will be my last year of having all of my kids at the same school. I better enjoy it while it lasts.
3 comments:
Looks like you are ready to be back into the swing of things. The kids look ready and willing to do the whole school thing for another year!
How did Britton like his first days of school, even though he didn't know school started. Too funny.
Exciting time of year. Wow! Britton the oldest in his school! Jenna looks so pretty. Cool that she is in a split class. Never heard of that. And Kora in first grade. I guess Jameson is going to be getting some extra love from you!
Post a Comment