. . .got Britton's "Birthday cake" (a.k.a. krispy kreme donuts). . .
. . .and continued in route to Tracy Aviary which fortunately was opened until 8 a.m. on Monday night. Britton LOVED Tracy Aviary and kept saying, "Why haven't we been here before? This is awesome! We really need to come back again."
I love that Britton still finds stuff like this completely fascinating. We don't need Lagoon, a good educational place will do. :-)
The next morning my plan was to run to Rio Tinto stadium real fast right when the box office opened at 10 am to get our free tickets (which were available only on the day of the designated "pass of all passes" game) and then we would go straight to Seven Peaks for the rest of the day. When Adam had a few more work things to do I decided to not take the kids with me and just come back for them. It was a good call. You see, a couple thousand of my fellow (cheap) RSL fans also turned out to "quickly" pick up their tickets, too. I took these pics with my cell phone.
This was the line in front of me.
This was the line behind me.
Believe it or not I was only there for about 40 min. What a miracle. I will never underestimate cheap Utahns again. It was the last of 4 RSL games where you could get free tickets with your passes. As long as this line was there was another line just like it on the opposite side of the stadium at the other box office. It should be no surprise it was a "sellout" crowd with over 20,000.
Real Salt Lake played a club team from Panama and won 2-0. It was an exciting game. I was a little worried about Jameson and the fact the game didn't start until 8 pm, but I made sure he had a long nap after Seven Peaks and before the game so he did great. He was more interested in all of the people sitting around us than the game and made a lot of new friends.
That, my friends, is a summer that went out with a bang! We packed a lot in 2 days and Britton really enjoyed his birthday celebration.


2 comments:
That was a big celebration for a birthday/end of summer party. I love the cheap Utahans story. I am glad you got your tickets.
Love the pic of the family at the game. We hope Britton had a great birthday!!! I see his likes Harry Potter. Cameron is finishing up book number six. He started the series a month ago. He can't put those books down! I'm sure he will love talking to Britton next summer.
Post a Comment