Awwwww. So cute.
Jameson turns 2 weeks old tomorrow. Right now he reigns supreme in this house, we all absolutely adore him.
The kids like to look at him and hold him and talk to each other about how cute he is and how excited they are to have a little brother. When we decided to adopt I hoped I would bond right away but wasn't sure what to expect. I'm happy to report that from the beginning he just felt like he was ours and I feel the same way about him that I did with all my other kids when they were born. Already we can't imagine not having him in our family.
He is starting to be awake more during the day and definitely likes to be held. Last night while Jameson slept Adam and the kids had a family playdough fest. Here's a lesser known fact about Adam--he has some pretty good sculpting skills. When the kids get out the playdough it is always fun to see what Adam will come up with.
One of Adam's creations:
Jenna may have picked up the playdough sculpting gene.
Britton is now a member of the P. Elementary Geography Club. It is open to 4th and 5th graders and from now until March 7th they will have study sessions a few times a week before or after school and will compete in a Geography Bowl in front of the school at an assembly. When I found out about the club I knew that it would be right up Britton's alley. Today was the first study session and when I went to pick him up I could see he was on cloud nine. He had a big binder full of things to study and he couldn't wait to get started. Walking out of the school he was enthusiastically showing me his study materials and telling me how awesome it was and how most of the other kids were there just because their Moms wanted them to go but that he thought all of it was incredibly interesting. We were almost home and after 10 min. of talking about how he wasn't going to stay up late re-reading Harry Potter books anymore because now he could stay up late and study geography he declared, "Mom, I'm going to have a field day with this!!"
Ok, so I just have to say that I LOVE Britton's "nerdy" side. Watching him come out of his first geography club meeting with eyes all aglow reminds me of how I feel when I come across an old box in a basement with long forgotten pictures and family papers. It's so exciting and my attention span knows no bounds when sifting through an old box. I understand that not every one's heart skips a beat when rummaging through old stuff so I completely identify with Britton's excitement when it comes to studying the world's geography. Kids his age usually don't love to study just for fun, but luckily Britton still does. I'll take it for as long as I can get it!

6 comments:
That is great that Britton is in a Geography Club. Good for him. Jameson is soooo cute. Can't wait to see him!
-The Aaron and Heather Marcum Family
(Sorry, Heather's computer is down so we can't sign in as us.)
Love seeing pictures of the little dude. We wish we could snuggle up to him!
We have a problem with Benson staying up late to re-read potter. It makes him so tired in the morning, especially since SC has things backwards and school starts insanely early.
Jameson is so handsome! I'm glad that you have bonded.
I'm more than a little jealous of the Geography Club. Our school does Math Club. Emily loves it, but Ben said "no way!" to extra math. He would love, love, love a geography club.
Love your pictures of Jameson. What a cute addition to your family.
Play dough creations were marvelous. I love that Adam enjoys getting his hands "dirty" while playing with the kids.
Good luck to Britton in his geography adventure. You'll have to let us know how he does in the competition.
Jameson is SO cute. I want to hold him. I am so glad that you love him. Did you have a fun time baby shopping?
Go Geography bowl!!
Okay, Jameson is seriously cute!
I can just imagine Britton all lit up with excitement. How cool that he has a geography club to go to.
And I am with you Hilary. . . my heart skips a beat when I come across family treasures.
Post a Comment