A few months back we finally got rid of the bed in Korinne's room because she wasn't using it. It was merely taking up space and providing the perfect place to throw clothes instead of putting them away. For years Korinne has been sleeping in the hallway. . .on the floor. . .of her own free will and choice. There really is no explanation and no, we can't figure it out. We've let it continue because she goes to sleep faster when we let her sleep on the hallway landing upstairs then if we try and keep her in a bedroom. Now that Jameson is here Korinne has lost her room for good and she couldn't be more pleased about it. The day we set up the nursery in her "old" room she scooped up all of her "treasures" and put them in a white produce box (as seen in the picture below) in the laundry room which is attached to "her" hallway. She was beaming with pride now that she had a hallway AND a laundry room to store her things. Really, can life get any better?
She had her bed all set up when I took this picture. Every night she sets up a bed and every morning she has to put all the blankets and pillows away in the closet. Her box of "treasures" is currently being stored in the corner of our laundry room.
During the day this area is completely clear.
The ironic thing is that we have 5 bedrooms all together upstairs so there is room for everyone. The fact that Korinne has claimed the hallway just means that we can keep one of the bedrooms as a designated toy room. How thoughtful of her.
Every time I say, "Britton, Jenna, go clean your rooms and Korinne, please go and clean your hallway" I have to smile. Who would have ever thought I would regularly say such a thing!
Jameson's nursery all set up.
3 comments:
What a funny girl!
I love the nursery. Seeing that comfy chair makes me want to sit and rock a newborn for an hour.
Anytime Malin! I have an open time spot for 3:30 a.m. It's all yours if you want it. :-)
So funny.
Post a Comment