Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HP

It only took 3 years for me to get Britton to read Harry Potter.  I had a hunch he would really like the books, but he resisted because he had heard that some of the movies were dark and scary and that was NOT for him. (He's a sensitive little guy, which I love.)  A while back we listened to the first book on CD as a family but he didn't show much interest in taking it any further so I just let it go.  Out of the blue a few weeks ago he started reading Book 4, The Goblet of Fire, because we had it at the house and he was desperate for something to read in his room while trying to sleep.  Guess what? He loved it.  So now we've seen a lot of this around the house.




He may be the only kid in America who has read the series in the following order:  #1,#4,#2,#5 with the rest TBD. He really doesn't care what order he reads them in which is great because the library didn't have Book 3 on our last visit and I didn't want him to lose momentum.

Thank you, Harry, for getting us through the last 2 weeks of summer.

4 comments:

Malinda said...

Out of order?!?!? That makes my head explode just a little. :)

Our kids have been consumed with Harry Potter lately too. Ben just finished book 5 and the girls just finished book 3. Hearing them talk about it (often in a British accent) is quite entertaining.

Malinda said...

I just told Ben this story and he is baffled that anyone would read them out of order. Like mother like son. :)

Kaylynn said...

I love the random reading order. You must be ready for school to start:)

brittanydaw said...

I just got Weston to read them and he won't put them down either. He read the first two in a month and a half. He is halfway through the third... I am afraid to let him read too far cause I think they are a little scary for such a young kid!