My kids got a wild hair this last weekend and decided to make a fort in the family room. This is code for--bring every pillow and blanket in the entire house and make a HUGE mess. Personally I don't do well with complete chaos in my main living space (we have a designated playroom for a reason) but because I was still in my laid back Hawaiian state of mind I decided to let them have fun for a day or two.
The tag says, "Hi, my name is Korinne and I work here."
Last Saturday night I went checked on the kids before I went to bed and found Jenna still reading.
Or so I thought. She had really fallen asleep with the light on and the book to her face.
In other news my presidency was reorganized this last Sunday. I'm still the Primary President, but now my 2nd counselor is my 1st and I have a new 2nd counselor and secretary. Just to keep things exciting my 1st counselor had a baby the next day, my new secretary had surgery last Thursday and I'm getting ready to go to China in 2 weeks. I guess I just like to keep things interesting.
Speaking of babies, my little Korinne is feeling a little left out. 4 out of her 5 preschool classmates have had a baby born in their family during the school year. She keeps saying, "Mom, I want a baby to be in your stomach, too" or "I really want a baby brother or sister." Poor girl. Someone's got to be the youngest in each family and she gets to be our youngest. It's a tough job. I told her she can share Cara's little sister (born on Monday) and every time she wanted to see the baby she could go and visit for a minute. She seemed pretty happy with that. Crisis averted.
2 comments:
She and Abigail can commiserate... It is tough having to borrow (we call it sharing) a sibling.
I was really behind on your blog, but I am caught up now. We are more than happy to share our baby!
Post a Comment