Sunday, July 12, 2009

I love to see the Temple


The Oquirrh Mountain Temple. You may not be able to spell it, but it doesn't take away from its beauty. When the LDS church builds a new temple they let anyone who would like to take a tour of the inside of the temple do so during a period of time known as the open house. Because of the sacred nature of temples only adult members in good standing are allowed to enter the temple once it has been dedicated, but before the dedication everyone is invited to see it. This means that our kids have been able to tour 2 temples in the last year. A very unique experience to be sure. The other one was the Draper temple which can be seen from this picture in front of the Oquirrh Mountain temple. It is the big white building up on the hill.


It just goes to show you how close these temples are to each other. Even closer than the Draper temple is the Jordan River temple which can be seen in the middle of this next picture (also taken from the Oquirrh Mtn. temple)


I know it would just blow my Brazilian friends' minds to see 3 Temples so close to each other. Where I served my mission people still traveled up to 7 days one way to get to the temple!


The kids really enjoyed going through the temple. We even let Britton take a few of his own pictures of the temple.

We met up with Adam's parents and his Grammie for the open house and then it was off to ice cream. (Such a Mormon thing to do) I would post a picture of the whole group, but for some reason all of my group shots were blurry.
While in the area I had the thought that I should drive over to the hospital where Korinne was born and get a picture of it. They recently moved the Labor and Delivery to a new hospital and I wanted to get a picture of the old building before anything happened to it. As you can see I was right on time.

Here you go, Korinne, this is the spot where you were born.

5 comments:

Linn said...

Does everyone laugh all day at you? I tell Grandma quite often how much your blog makes me laugh. Glad you guys are doing well!

larah said...

I am glad that you made it to the site of Korines birth place before all the rubble was gone. That could have been tragic. But seriously I am sorry that the building wasn't stading anymore. That is a bummer.

Good to see you guys again even if the house was a complete disaster!

Cydnee said...

Darn (I still feel bad about that potty mouth of mine at the K-5 get together...oops!), I missed you! We were up at Snowbird last week.

Heather said...

Keep track of that photo...as it was the birth place of a couple of my kids also!

Jenny said...

It was good seeing you at the reunion. So I guess you are like my grandma's father's daughter's son's wife? Well anyways...I guess we are related...how cool! If you're ever in Salt Lake and want a running partner, let me know! :) My email is jenspace@yahoo.com.

Jen