I say the phrase, "Come on, let's get your hair done" a few times a day. When I'm finished doing hair my kids don't know they have a "hair do" they just assume they have a "hair done" as illustrated in the following quotes:
"Mom, my hair done looks really cute today", or
"I really like this hair done on you, Korinne"
I understand how they came to this conclusion, but it still makes me smile when they refer to their hair do as a "hair done".
Britton, Jenna and Korinne each have their own room, but for some reason the idea of sleeping in their own room in a bed doesn't appeal much to them. Every night when Adam and I go upstairs we have to go into each room to find out where everyone ended up for the night. It is different every single night. We'll find Jenna in Britton's room and Britton in Jenna's room and Korinne in a weird position in the middle of her floor without covers or a pillow. Another night we will find Jenna in the hall asleep and Korinne on Jenna's bedroom floor. Sometimes we will find them all in the same room and sometimes we will find one of them in our room (not my favorite). We always try to get them into their own rooms by a decent time each night, but now that they are getting older and it doesn't really get dark outside until 10 p.m. they have little parties upstairs when they should be going to sleep. I'll be in the kitchen downstairs and will hear the pitter patter of feet running back and forth. I can hear them jumping off the beds and laughing and giggling and running into each others rooms. Most of the time they don't even try to be quiet and I have to yell up the stairs, "I shouldn't be hearing you! Go to bed, please." "Ok, Mom." But before they can finish the word "Mom" Korinne is laughing and running down the hall. You get the picture. We haven't been as strict lately because it has been summer, but when school starts the bedtime police will be out in full force! This was how we found the girls on Saturday night. (At least they were off the floor this time)
Our kids are learning what happens when they leave their stuff outside in July. "Mom, why do our crayons look like this?" Hmmmm, good question. Where did you leave them?
5 comments:
at least the crayons were not left in your car on the seat in the hot sun. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again.
I get a kick out of the fact that your kids will just fall asleep on the floor!
Another great thing about the NEK. It is impossible to melt a crayon in Vermont.
This post cracked me up. The "hair done" is hilarious. Your posts are always so entertaining. Your kids are darling. We have the bedtime police at our house, but they are in full force all summer too. hee, hee
Awesome. You crack me up. Keep them coming! Oh - and thankfully, we haven't had to chase our kids down for bed yet - but I know it's coming. Your last post makes Cache Valley sound so idyllic. Is it really that awesome? I need to get out of Cali.
Yes, it really is that idyllic. I have to pinch myself sometimes.
Post a Comment