Here we are on Christmas Eve at Grandma & Grandpa Price's. We had a big snow storm last night so we were really glad we only had to drive 2 miles to visit with family! We definitely got a white Christmas this year. In fact, we have had more 'white' this Christmas than we've had for awhile! Britton actually made it to Christmas morning. Yesterday he wasn't so sure it would ever come, the wait was absolutely killing him! He really had done so well during the rest of the Christmas season, but when Christmas Eve arrived he went into overdrive. He was like a little woodpecker as he came and asked me every 5 min. what time it was and how much more time we had before we could open our Christmas Eve presents. At one point I actually banned him from asking me any more questions. I figured he would have a hard time falling asleep and would be up VERY early this morning because he was soo excited, but he surprised us, he fell asleep right away, and WE had to wake HIM up at 7:30 a.m. to open gifts.
Here are the kids in their new pajamas:

Christmas morning with small kids is a lot of fun even though a significant amount of time is spent getting everything out of the original packaging. May I just speak for parents everywhere when I say, what is up with the packaging these days?? We just want to play with a toy, we DON'T want to hurt ourselves with all of the sharp objects required to get anything open. Britton's favorite gift was a Scooby Doo DVD, Jenna loved her Island Princess Barbie doll, and Korinne can't get enough of her Cabbage Patch doll. Adam came home one day last week and announced that he had purchased HIS Christmas present from me. I laughed and asked him what it was that I had gotten him, he told me it was a surprise and I would have to wait until Christmas to see what it was. Christmas was great for me, I was surprised with my own gift AND his gift. He got exactly what he wanted and I didn't have shop. . . I think we should do this every year!
We are headed to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights, I guess we better get going. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment