Wednesday, December 26, 2007

'Day after Christmas' Jello

Yesterday Adam planned and made a fabulous Christmas dinner complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, his yummy homemade rolls from scratch and some fancy, shmancy green jello made with bananas, colored marshmallows and 7-up. It was a jello recipe that would make any Mormon proud! I laughed at him while he was making it and named it "Christmas Jello" since I was sure it would be the only time of year such a jello wonder would grace our dinner table. The kids loved the Christmas jello and as we were sitting around the dinner table tonight eating leftovers from our over the top Christmas feast yesterday Britton said, "Please pass the 'Day after Christmas' jello." Adam and I both started laughing. Britton is a funny kid.

A few days ago I walked into the kitchen and found that Korinne had gotten into the cupboards above the desk in our kitchen and found a 100 roll of stamps. She thought they were stickers and had been busily putting them all over the kitchen and on every piece of paper she could find. She was so excited to show me what she had been working on and was very surprised when I wasn't as happy as she was. I tried to explain to her that each stamp costs money and they weren't stickers at all, but she never really got the concept. I spent a significant amount of time trying to locate and rescue every single stamp so they could still be used. There's never a dull moment with a 2 year old. :-)

Here are the girls playing with some of their new dress-ups.


I'm convinced that going to Temple Square to see the lights on Christmas night is the way to go! We got a great parking spot, the crowds were way down and it let us remember the real reason for the season. The kids loved it.

No comments: