Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

Jameson has had a great soccer season, and AJ has done a reasonably good job entertaining himself during all of Jameson's games.  If there is a patch of dirt in site, AJ will find it.  Here he is playing during a game.


Last Sunday I called everyone to dinner and asked, "Where's AJ?"  Jameson replied, "He's in the bath". Wait,what?! He couldn't get his shirt off with all of those buttons, but that didn't stop him from getting in anyway.  He is definitely a "ask for forgiveness" rather than ask for permission kind of guy. Oh, and he LOVES taking baths.


Last week Jenna and Korinne had their big end of year ballroom dance showcase.  They had to be at the Eccles Theater in town by 4:00 p.m. on a school day which is tight considering how long it takes to do hair and make-up.  I was already worried about the timing of it all when Jenna's coach sent out a message to parents saying she wanted our girls' hair like this for the show:


 Yikes. This is fancy ballroom dance hair and no, I am not skilled in doing fancy ballroom hair! I may have panicked a little but I watched her coach do it live and then re-watched the video and checked Jenna out of school early so I would have enough time to do it. This was my attempt and I'm actually pretty proud of it.


Jenna is sad to be leaving her team because they have had a great year together.  Since she is 15 she now moves up from the Junior division to the Youth division which is 15-18 year olds.  Only 1 other girl on her current team is moving up and the rest of the team will stay intact. Tryouts at the end of the month will determine which team she is on next year.

Jenna and teammates at the end of the showcase.

Jenna and Korinne after the showcase.  Korinne will also change teams next year.  We will have to wait for tryouts to find out which team it will be.  She will move from Pre-Teen to the Junior division.


AJ having fun with some eyeball stickers.

We weren't initially planning on going to Lagoon on Saturday, but then it started raining so we changed our plans and went to Lagoon after Jameson's soccer game.  I know most people don't think of going to Lagoon when it rains, but that is why I love it so much--no lines.  AJ and I had kiddieland practically to ourselves.  Unfortunately because of a lot of buses full of teenager school groups, and a dance competition being held that day, the lines for the bigger rides were longer than we had hoped for on a rainy day. Looks like AJ was the big winner of this Lagoon day.





AJ (in green rain jacket)was the only kid on this entire ride.


Talk to the hand. Tidal Wave with Korinne.

 For Mother's Day the kids and Adam spoiled me with delicious food and a respite from my household duties. For breakfast it was a homemade sausage mcmuffin and a chocolate cake donut (a Mother's Day must).  For dinner Adam went all out and made spinach stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, a strawberry salad with chicken and candied pecans, fresh fruit salad and rolls with a s'more ice cream pie for dessert. Yummy.



The kids all gave me thoughtful gifts and cards.  Adam mentioned at the end of the day that for the first time ever the kids were genuinely helpful with all of the special preparations all day long.  (And by kids I mean the 3 oldest) Wow. It's truly a Mother's Day miracle. 😉

We tried to get a picture of me with all of the kids, but it didn't happen.  Jameson and AJ weren't feeling it. Ha!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The picture would have been nice. Keep trying. Wow! You did a fantastic job with Jenna's hair for the dance recital.
Sounds like rainy Lagoon visits are on your agenda! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!