I love it when all of the kids' Christmas jammies (that I ordered from China in November) arrive the week after Christmas.
AJ really loves his Christmas jammies and wears them as much as possible.
Jameson had a fever last weekend. You know he isn't feeling well when he is ok to lay on the couch for hours at a time in the middle of the day. He still had it when we woke up Sunday morning so I stayed home from church with him and we watched the Mormon Channel together.
Since New Years Eve was on a Sunday this year we had a family party at home. Jameson and AJ went to bed at their normal time and the rest of us played games. I know it may be the last time I get to have all of my kids home on New Years Eve so I actually stayed up until midnight this year. 😀 At one point in the evening I said to Adam, "In the 17 New Years we have spent together I'm probably 50/50 on staying up until midnight." He just started laughing and said, "I think you are more like 80/20 (meaning I go to bed early 80% of the time)." Yeah, he is probably right. A party animal I am not.
The party crew at midnight.
I was kind of surprised by how many big fireworks people let off at midnight. I had no idea there was such a firework show from our deck on New Years! Ok, maybe I'm more like 90/10. he he.
I decided to use our clear schedule over Christmas break to potty train AJ. It was just as much fun as it sounds. We are 2 weeks in and we have had good and bad days, but I think he has made a lot of progress. He spent the first 5 of so days in just underwear and sometimes a shirt, but it didn't slow him down in the mess making department.
AJ in the cupboard making a mess and the only picture I have of him in his underwear.
Jameson celebrated his 6th birthday yesterday!
He couldn't wait to open presents so we ended up opening his big present in the morning after he got back from going to breakfast with Dad.
Then he opened the rest later that night after a pizza dinner.
He is into Paw Patrol these days and loved the Paw Patrol Air Patroller he received.
AJ had kind of a hard time seeing Jameson get all the presents and attention. At his orphanage they didn't celebrate birthdays so he really doesn't understand the concept right now. After we took a picture of Jameson with a candle in his donut AJ made us light the candle again and take a picture of him with his donut. His birthday is exactly 1 month from Jameson's so I'm glad he doesn't have to wait too long to experience a birthday for himself.
We are back to our full schedule and are excited for what 2018 will bring. Happy New Year!









1 comment:
Fun! I was up until midnight this year too, but not Dad, but that was because I was trying to catch up with the blog. I love the Christmas Jammies. Jameson really seems grown up to us. He was so mature on the phone. Love you all! Have a wonderful year in 2018. We are counting on it!
Post a Comment