Adam spends a lot of time in his office, but doesn't have any photo evidence of it so I took a picture one day while Britton and I were cleaning. He was the only one at the office so we went a day early to clean so we could go to Roots Tech the next day and not have to worry about it.
He has a fantastic view overlooking the golf course, but only for a few more weeks. Their landlord has decided not to renew their lease and is kicking them out of their office space. They aren't happy about it, but what can you do? I'm sure the company they are giving it to will be paying more $$.
This was our 3rd year going to the Family Discovery Day at Roots Tech and it is a tradition we plan to continue every year. We always have such a great time and leave inspired and ready to do a little bit more. This year we even got my Dad to go for at least part of the day.
Here is our picture with Wales as the backdrop. Family Search had scenes ready from all over the world so everyone could have their own personal backdrop based on their heritage.
We got to hear from President and Sister Russel M Nelson, Sheri Dew, Vai Sikahema, Reno Mahe, Hank Smith, Jason Hewlett (a VERY funny comedian) and heard BYU's Vocal Point (all male) and Noteworthy (all female) A'capella groups battle it out in the final session.
We also enjoyed the interactive Expo Hall.
Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss was there so they had a cake decorating contest and wow, there are some amazing cake makers out there!!
These are the 4 cakes that won Prize money. Top left was best Birthday cake, bottom left was best Graduation cake, middle is the best wedding cake and the Halloween cake won best holiday cake AND the people's choice award.
The Cake Boss at Roots Tech
We had Valentines Day this week and I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it because Jameson can't have red dye and pretty much every single piece of candy given out for Valentines has red dye in it. In the event I do succeed in keeping it from him, all of his friends still give him some of their candy and they don't ask adult permission to do so. Well, Monday afternoon I went and got Korinne some stuff to give out to her class and got bubbles for Jameson to give out to his friends and then called it good on my part. Adam asked me what I wanted for Valentines Day and I told him the only thing I wanted was to not have to figure out what to cook for dinner. Luckily Domino's was having a great sale all week on carry out pizzas so he brought a few home and was an absolute hero. See how super sentimental and romantic we are? We did go to lunch earlier in the day and I bought him a Twix candy bar as a gift so I think that counts as a celebration, right?
Jameson and Korinne playing with play dough on Valentines night.
Our school district is still trying to adjust the school schedule to make up for our 3 snow days in January. At first they said the kids would go to school on Friday (which was scheduled to be a teacher training day) and on Presidents Day, which is Monday. Then they decided to just add 3 days onto the end of the school year in June but after petitioning the state school board they were allowed to make up the missed hours instead of the 3 days so but now they will no longer have early out days on Fridays for the rest of the year. It is something we all can live with, but it will mean we have to find another day/time for Jenna's piano lessons which may get interesting.








1 comment:
Sorry Adam has to lose his fantastic office with the wonderful view! Good luck with the fish. Sounds like you survived Valentine's day!
Post a Comment