I wish I could find a way to get Jameson to stop messing with the batteries in all of his toys. He is constantly unscrewing the backs and taking the batteries out even when they are working perfectly fine. As a result we have random batteries all over the house that may or may not still have a charge and it's impossible for me to keep a supply of new batteries around. You see, if he had access to new batteries he would never stop changing batteries out. Apparently changing the battery is his answer for everything. If the train is moving too slowly, he'll try and change the battery to see if it will go faster. If a car fell over after colliding with another car, clearly the batteries need to be changed. If he has nothing to do, well, this is the perfect time to take apart the toy and get the batteries out.
Finding him deep in his "work" of battery removal is not an uncommon sight in our house. I've even tried to hide the little screwdrivers he uses, but somehow he still finds them anyway.
Korinne participated in a mini cheer camp this week and then performed during half time of the high school varsity basketball team. It was fun to go see the game and support her. We have 2 brothers in our ward that start for the varsity team so it was fun to actually see them play. The older brother has already signed to play for the University of Utah after his mission so yeah, he's pretty good. Anyway, it was a nail biter finish against the only team in the Region that our team has ever lost to. Fortunately they came out with a win AND Korinne had a great time cheering with her friends.
For only being open for 1/2 of a school year, I was very surprised to see so many trophies already in the trophy case.
Looks like the new school is off to a great start.
It didn't take me long to realize we have officially entered a new world that I didn't even know existed before this year.
She danced in 2 events between 9-10 a.m. and then danced in a team event at about 9:30 p.m. So what did we do for the 11 hours in between? We watched a LOT of ballroom dancing. During the afternoon we did leave for about 2 hours to grab some lunch and shop at the outlets nearby, but the rest of the time was spent saving our good seats for the team dance portion of the competition. When I saw how many people were trying to get seats for the evening events I was very happy we held onto ours on the front row. It was definitely worth it.
Jenna with her arm out during the syllabus events in the morning. (My camera isn't awesome with action shots in a poorly lit environment.)
Grandma and Grandpa were able to see her dance in the morning.
Jenna danced a Waltz with her team to the music, "Can I have this Dance?" from High School Musical 2. They did a great job and even won 2nd place in their category.
I made a video of the dance and just got this still shot as they were walking off the floor.
Jenna at the end of the routine.
Wearing her 2nd place medal at the end of a very long day.
We left the venue at 10:40 p.m. and the competition still wasn't finished. The entire day they only took a 20 min break for lunch and a 20 min break for dinner and other than that it was straight dancing from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Coming prepared with a good book was one of the smartest things I have ever done. 😊 Adam kept the other kids at home and Jenna and I were back in time for 9 a.m.church on Sunday.










1 comment:
It was so fun to watch Korinne cheer and Jenna dance. We felt blessed to watch our granddaughters perform. They are awesome!
Post a Comment