Sunday, December 11, 2016

Rock the Halls

After having cousin Abigail around for a few weeks it was time to say goodbye as she and Aunt Tiffany returned to Texas on Tuesday.  Jameson enjoyed playing with Abigail all by himself when Korinne was at school.


On Monday I went with Britton to a closing social/ award ceremony for the XC team. Since this is our rookie year I had absolutely no idea what it was all about or what was going to happen, I just knew that we were supposed to come with our student and dress up and be there at 6 p.m.  We have a pretty strict Monday night policy in our family to try to avoid events as much as possible, so Britton and I had a plan to quietly slip out at 6:30 so we could "make an appearance" but still be home for FHE.  When 6:30 rolled around I knew it would cause a scene to get up and walk out so we waited a few more minutes.  At this point in the meeting they started passing out awards for things like "Male /Female runner of the year" and other such things.  There were over 70 kids on the XC team this year so I was more than a little surprised to hear, "Ok, this next award is the 'Best Work Ethic' award and it goes to Britton C."


Britton with his bobble head trophy.


I guess it was good we stuck around for a few extra minutes! He was one of just a few freshman that received any kind of an award and I personally think being recognized for having a good work ethic is very admirable.  The trophies made me giggle, I've never seen bobble head trophies before.

On Tuesday night Grandma and Grandpa were able to go to Korinne's orchestra concert while Adam and I went to his work Christmas Party in Ogden.  This is Korinne's second year in orchestra and she did a great job.





Earlier that day I was able to go to Korinne's class to hear her present her state report about Texas to her class.  She did a great job putting it all together without a lick of help from anyone.  


Abigail brought a package of Whataburger french fry chips that are very popular in Texas with her when she came for Thanksgiving so Korinne was able to let everyone in her class have a taste of a truly Texan snack. This was definitely a crowd pleaser and Korinne reported that a few days later someone else decided to follow her example and bring food from their state, too.  Even though Abigail has gone home to Texas she and Korinne still talk on facetime a LOT.

Korinne hanging out with Abigail on Facetime.

On Friday Korinne got to "Rock the Halls" at school.  As a school wide reward system the kids get to run through halls that are lined with parents clapping and cheering when they reach a specific reading goal.  It's a simple thing, but the kids love it. There is just something about being able to break the "no running in the hall" rule that makes it even better.😊

Adam with Korinne after "rocking the halls".

Jameson finished up his fist semester of preschool on Friday.  Since it is run by the University he pretty much has an entire month off with the holiday break and the beginning of a new semester for the student teachers. It's weird to think he won't be back to school again until the 2nd week of January. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had that big of a break!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congratulations to Britton and Korinne on those excellent accomplishments. Way to go!