The kids are always excited for our annual Jerusalem supper during the month of December. We usually try to have it on the first Monday night in December for FHE, but this year it got bumped back a few times.
I think Jameson was more interested in the burning candles than the simple meal of pita bread, salmon, grapes, oranges and cheese but he enjoyed the experience nonetheless. The grape juice is always a big hit since it is pretty much the only day all year that we have grape juice in the house.
Adam, Britton and Jenna went down to Temple Square on Tuesday night with the youth of the ward to see the Christmas lights. A few of the sister missionaries serving at Temple Square were quite surprised to see such a big group from one ward.
Of course they loved stopping at In-N-Out Burger on the way home for some dinner.
Korinne graduated from the NOVA program at the school. I really like the program put on by the Sheriff's office for 5th graders in the district since it pretty much teaches the kids all of the standards we already believe in, but goes a step further in helping them see real world consequences of bad behavior and low standards. Any reinforcement in this area is a good thing. Here is Korinne shaking the hand of the Sheriff after getting her diploma.
On Friday night we had both a cello recital for Britton and the Ward Christmas Party so we left after Britton's two cello pieces and arrived a little late to the party.
Britton and his teacher Erin playing a duet. His cello skills are really coming along.
The ward party was at a unique location in a very large barn about 20 minutes from our ward boundaries. The committee did it so they could do a live nativity, but it also meant eating our dinner next to a variety of different animals in their stalls. It isn't often you see a camel like this one in our neck of the woods. And when I say "not often" I really mean "never".
The hay bales were stacked up to provide stadium seating for the event.
Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus were played by a couple in the ward who had a baby just a few weeks ago. The baby was perfect the entire time and didn't make a peep while laying in the manger.
The shepherds and wise men kneeling in front of the baby Jesus.
The angels.
Some of the animals used in the nativity.
It was definitely a cool and unique experience, but I did discover that I suffer from a bit of hay fever. Who knew? I guess I haven't been on a farm enough to discover this before.













1 comment:
The live nativity was a unique, memorable experience. Your pictures are really nice! Congrats to Korinne on NOVA and to Britton on his cello performance. I was pleased that I could hear him play. He did a very nice job.
Post a Comment