On Tuesday they opened up the new high school to the public for the first time. In the morning Britton and I went for student registration and that evening they had an open house for anyone in the community who wanted to see the new building. Pepperidge Farm even provided free cookies for the event. What's an open house without a free cookie, right?

We thought it was beautiful and Britton is excited to be a part of the first freshman class of RHS. Class of 2020 is in the house!
On Thursday evening Britton participated in his first cross country race. It was an alumni meet which I guess is a tradition at Mountain Crest. The entire team runs the home Mountain Crest course and alumni runners are invited to participate. The very large Mountain Crest XC team has now split in two. The boys in orange stayed at Mountain Crest, the rest of the boys went to Ridgeline (uniforms haven't come in yet).
You can see how large the high school team was when they were all together. Not only are there a lot of guys, but I think there are even more girls! When I was in high school we were small in number so it is going to take me awhile to get used to having a big team.
On Saturday the kids went to the county fair with Grandma and Grandpa.
Korinne got stung by a few bees on her hand and shoulder. Here she is receiving some first aid.
We believe in the 2nd amendment around this house!
I have no idea where the boys got these costumes, but they came in one day with camo and nerf guns so I had to stop and take a picture.
For our SOS service project this week we went to a big cemetery in town that has a lot of pine trees and picked up pinecones. Apparently they have a lot of trouble keeping the grounds pinecone free and it was a good project for about 30 kids to do. Britton has the pictures on his camera so I need to get them from him. We took a break from our service projects in July, but were back at it in August.








2 comments:
I'm glad Korinne got over her bee stings. The new high school looks fantastic!
Awesome that your new high school finally opened!
Class of 2020 has a nice ring to it!
Post a Comment