Sunday, August 7, 2016

Ready, Set, Rio!

While Adam, Britton and Jenna were at pioneer trek the last week of July, Korinne, Jameson and I tried to do a few fun things like go to the Jump Zone.


They now have these zorb things that you can rent for 30 min which makes it even more fun.


Our family pioneers arrived safe and sound on Friday afternoon. 


Adam with a rare 4 days of stubble.


Everything went as planned and they had a fabulous experience. The final day they were able to do Rocky Ridge and trek 14 miles so it was a challenging but great day.  It was kind of cool that Britton and Jenna got to have their Dad along for the ride.


After they got home Adam and I had one day to figure out what we were going to do about a family car. We happened upon a 2012 Honda Odessey with 46,000 miles at the GMC dealership where Adam's friend from high school works. They had just received it on a trade-in and it had all of the bells and whistles our other van didn't have. I really loved my van so I was kind of dazzled by all of the upgrades. Since we are "buy a car once a decade" kind of people we decided to go ahead and get one that will see us through for many years to come.



 It has 8 seats, a DVD player, leather seats, a backup camera and many other features. We are all in love.

While we were car hunting Korinne and Jameson were having fun with the neighbors slip and sliding with a bubble machine. Best. combination. ever.



After a month with our cousin Abigail around it was time to say goodbye. She and Tiffany headed back to Texas on Tuesday morning.


Group hug!

This week it was back to normal with piano lessons, soccer, cello, YM/YW activities, ballroom dance. cross country and other summer activities. There is never a dull moment around here. We were most excited about the start of the 2016 summer Olympics held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  I love the Olympics and I love Brazil so I'm really excited about the next 2 weeks!


We watched the opening ceremonies together on Friday night. Not sure how I'm going to be able to watch as much Olympics as I would like, but having it all recorded so we can skip commercials and  parts that are going too long definitely helps!  Good thing it happens only once every 4 years.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's great that Jenna and Britton got to trek with their dad. Enjoy those Olympics too! Love that new car!

Tricia said...

OOOhhhhhhh! New van! Fun!