Britton really steps up on Sundays and plays with Jameson when Dad is gone. He walks around the house with Jameson on his shoulders or back and plays cars and trains with him. He really is the "best brother".
When we got a new TV a few months ago our 37" got moved out of the mix because it didn't have a coaxial cable allowing it to connect to the dish. Fortunately with an HDMI cable it turns into a super sized computer monitor for our laptop. Awesome.
The kids received a flyer from school this week talking about a science and engineering day up at the University for kids in 4-8th grade on Feb 20th. Korinne wanted to go so I registered Britton and Jenna, too, thinking they all could just walk around to different activities or booths with Adam for an hour or two to break up the day. It wasn't until the morning of that I pulled up the confirmation e-mail and read the instructions that I realized it was a lot more involved than that. It wasn't a casual do your own thing kind of event at all, it was a drop your kids off at 10:30 a.m. and come back and get them at 4:00 p.m. and they will be divided into different groups and go to classes and workshops all day and we will feed them lunch kind of event. Whoa. Good thing I read the e-mail! It was a free event but the kids got bags and lunch and a day full of hands on science and engineering stuff.
Britton dutifully remembered to take a few pictures.
The kids came home with the following observations: most of the engineering students had some kind of an accent, more kids showed up than registered so they didn't all get a cookie and they didn't have enough sodas without caffeine in them. Most of the complaints were around the food so we came to the conclusion that science and engineering people are NOT event planners so expectations should be low at all times. Not sure what kind of grant paid for this science filled day, but my kids benefited and Adam, Jmo and I had a nice, quiet day together.
Seeing that our gift card was only going to cover matinee prices Adam left work early and we went to the 3:10 showing. We felt like such rebels sneaking off to a movie in the middle of the afternoon! It was a fun change of pace and a little reminder that we are truly wild and crazy when we want to be. :-)


2 comments:
I have two more gifted movie tickets I've been waiting to use - that looks like a show worth seeing...
I might check that one out. Cool that the kids got to go to the engineering day.
Post a Comment