Sunday, February 14, 2016

Deal or No Deal

Adam's Black Friday 50" Samsung was put to good use last Sunday for the Superbowl.  Adam is very pleased that he can finally read all of the small numbers at the bottom of the screen.  Our other TV was older than our kids and heavier than all of them put together. This is definitely a step up.


Of course I had nothing planned or prepared when it came to snacks so at the last minute we whipped up a batch of healthy no bake cookies.  They aren't quite as sweet as the original, but are much better for you and still hit the spot for me.  The kids ate them just fine, but I did notice that no one was fighting over the last one.  :-)


We were all in the same room during the Superbowl, but not everyone was actually watching the game.  Jenna was playing chess on her kindle while she waited for the commercials.


Jameson only lasted for a few minutes, but had fun watching it with Dad.


The kids were out of school on Friday for a district teacher development day so it was the perfect day to use the Boondocks day passes we got for Christmas.  I wanted to give the kids an experience and not just more stuff for Christmas and we had never been to Boondocks.  Since we were the only school district out on this particular day we had the place practically to ourselves. At the end of the day I walked out thinking, "I just love it when a plan comes together!"


We had unlimited passes for lazertag, mini-bowling, bowling, miniature golf, go-karts, the 4D theater, and $5.00 worth of tokens for the arcade games.  We got there at 10:30 a.m. and didn't leave until after 6 p.m. It was awesome.


It was our first mini-bowling experience and we really liked it. Britton started getting really creative with his trick moves.


Jameson loved him some arcade games.



My favorite arcade game is Deal or No Deal.  It's lasts more than 2 seconds and you can play as an entire group.


Korinne schooled us all and picked the suitcase with 100 tickets in it. I've never seen someone play a game where the last 2 suitcases were the 2 with the highest number of tickets!  She turned down the final offer of 85 tickets and got the full 100 tickets in the suitcase she picked. Wow.


High fives all around!

I honestly didn't think the outdoor stuff would be open in the middle of winter but I was wrong. Everything was open. We got to do the go-karts without waiting and had the track to ourselves!


This is a great picture of Dad, Korinne and Jmo miniature golfing with Jenna in a go-kart in the background.





Britton at the entrance of the 4D theater with the lazertag area in the back.  We got to see all 6 shows at the theater and played several rounds of lazertag.


We got in 3 games of bowling before moving on.  In an effort to bump up my score I even used the bumpers but I'm sorry to say they didn't help. I still bowled about what I bowl every Thanksgiving and didn't hit 100 in any of the games.


Earlier in the day there were bigger groups for lazertag, but the last 2 times we went in it was just our family.  It was everyone for themselves and an all out family war!


After over 7 hours of family fun we were finally ready to go but not before Britton realized he still had a few dollars of arcade tokens he needed to use.



At one point we did leave Boondocks to find a Little Ceasars for lunch.  We could either pay $4.00 for one slice of pizza or $5.00 for an entire pizza. We chose more food for less money. Well, the Ceasars ended up being a little farther than we expected so by the time we finally found it we were all laughing at the great lengths we have to go to to save a few dollars. Well, we wanted an "experience" and that is exactly what we got.

It was the perfect winter out of school activity and the fact that it wasn't crowded was the cherry on top.  I'm not sure how many times I said "Merry Christmas" throughout the day, but it was a lot. We definitely enjoyed our Christmas presents to each other.

Britton played the cello for a special musical number in Sacrament meeting today and did a wonderful job.  His piano teacher is in the ward and played the piano part to "O My Father." and it was a perfect addition to the program about the Plan of Salvation. Good job Britton!


3 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I'm glad you are such a good planner:) And a good idea for Christmas!

Heather said...

My kind of Christmas gift-giving! Love the no-crowds part of it all...

Kristen said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Glad your plan came together. Britton did an awesome job on his cello today. Thanks Britton!!!