Sunday, November 1, 2015

The rest of October

After our trip back east it was back to life, back to reality.  It also just happened to be my birthday so instead of jumping into laundry I gave myself permission to go to breakfast with friends and go out on a bike ride instead.  It was a good call.  That night we had our little family celebration.


I'm 39 years young.

Jenna had an orchestra concert the next night.


And on Saturday we went to the annual Pumpkin Walk with Grandma and Grandpa.


The kids were delighted to see a Studio C scene.




I'm sorry, but a good pumpkin crack had us all laughing.


Korinne enjoyed Crazy Hair Day at school.


She did most of this by herself and is becoming increasingly more self sufficient when it comes to her hair these days.


Jameson actually fell asleep in this position on the couch.  My neck and shoulders hurt just looking at this picture, but he did not seem affected in the least upon waking.


On Halloween morning we got the kids going on a little neighborhood service project and spent some time raking leaves for those who needed them up before snow started falling.


That night Grandma and Grandpa set up shop in their garage and gave out hot dogs to all of the children and parents trick-or-treating.



It was a hit with the neighborhood and I think they will see an increase in numbers next year as word gets out.


Jenna went to a Halloween party with friends the night before Halloween so she was happy to stay home and pass out candy to the smaller kids. She still dressed up, though, because she is festive like that.  She was Elenora from Return to Oz.  Korinne was "Dark Riding Hood" and Jameson was the cutest Koala bear on the block.


Jameson was thrilled with his haul, but within 24 hours it was gone.  Yes, some of it was eaten and some of it miraculously disappeared. Weird.

We were happy with the warm Halloween weather and I quite enjoyed having company at home while passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  It was a first for me.

Farewell October, we really had a great time and will never forget you.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love Korinne's hair do.

Jen said...

I can't believe dad still has those mouse ears…actually, I can believe it.