Waiting in line for Studio C. Note the Studio C inspired T-shirts.
Having the opportunity to meet the cast and get their autographs made Jenna say, "Mom, this is the best day of my life!"
Jenna and the Cast of Studio C
The kids were delighted to see that the cast were very personable and friendly and funny. They are exactly how they appear on the show. Here is a clip of Matt commenting on the kids' shirts.
As if that wasn't enough David Archuleta was also there to give autographs as he was also part of the closing social.
I went to the conference on Thursday and Friday, too, and was thrilled that my sister-in-law Tricia flew out from Pennsylvania to be my Roots Tech buddy.
I was definitely in my element. I loved the Keynote speakers each day, which included Laura Bush, Jenna Bush Hagger and Donny Osmond, I loved the classes and the new information, I loved walking through all of the vendor booths and getting new ideas, I loved it all. It didn't hurt that the weather was awesome either, I didn't even need a jacket!
In lieu of buying lunch each day we just snacked on trail mix, bagels, and other such things we brought from home, but on Friday night we did treat ourselves to dinner at the Blue Lemon restaurant in City Creek. It was yummy.
Roots Tech just keeps getting bigger every year and this year I think they had over 7,000 attend the conference. On the free family discovery day another 10,000+ people were added to the mix. That's a lot of people, just in case you were wondering.
The kids and Tricia ready for the closing session.
Let the show begin!
The Studio C cast came out and answered questions and had a lip sinc-off that was pretty funny, then David Archuleta came out and sang a few songs. Boy, he can sing. He sounded great live.
I'm guessing there were about 10,000 people in attendance for the show. The hall was bigger than a football field with 12 large screens allowing everyone to see what was going on on the stage. It was absolutely huge and very full.
It ended at about 6:30 p.m. which gave us plenty of time to get home. I had planned an exit strategy and we were out of there in no time at all missing the traffic. I love it when a plan comes together! It was fun to see Tricia and we are really glad her whole family will be coming out for a visit this summer.
Since Jameson wasn't old enough to go to the conference on Saturday he got to have Adam to himself for an entire day. This was also a dream come true for him so it all worked out. :-) A shout out to Grandma and Grandpa P who watched him on Thursday and to Adam who stayed home to watch him on Friday. I'm not sure who had more fun, Jameson or me. Sometimes it's nice to shake things up a little bit.


3 comments:
Ahh, yes! Dreams do come true - what an awesome experience for everybody!
Roots Tech sounds awesome. We will plan differently next year so that we can attend. I need all the help I can get. I really do want to find some family names to take to the temple. We're glad you and Tricia could enjoy this event together.
I LOVED spending time with you Hilary! And I have to say, we look good in that picture of us!
Post a Comment